“Great Staff for the location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Gas Up for the Holidays
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Saint Paul
Esko, United States
“Great Staff for the location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Staff was amazing- assisted with us getting to Gillette's Children's Hospital and worked with us in EVERY way we asked. Hotel is under construction, and I was not happy to have my wife and I in an elevator with some construction worker sporting a next tattoo that said "[--]" yourself..... but the hotel didn't employ him I suspect. Hotel is dirty due to remodelling, but you have to break an egg to make an omelete.....

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Fort Lewis, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We only have 1 conference per year. I look forward to it because it gives me the opportunity to give away from office, my daily routine, re-connect with my colleagues from other states, refresh old things learned, and learn new things. I travel about 2 weeks a month so I stay in quite a few hotels. This Embassy Suites is by far the worse I have every experienced and I would not recommend this place for anyone. I have attached photos of what the view outside my room looks like. It shows the lack of quality and how little the managers and supervisors care about making a good impression on the quests. The cigarette butts, soda cans, and trash are so numerous, it is easy to see this area has not been cleaned for quite some time. it makes me wonder about the cleanliness of my room. I asked to move to another room with a better view. They plan to move me tomorrow. Being a Texan, I am not accustomed to the cold this time of year, so I tried to turn the heat on in my room. After waiting 2 hours, with no heat, I called the front desk. Angel stated the thermostat cannot be controlled by guest because it is on a seasonal spring setting which will not allow for heat this time of year. She offered a space heater. 1.5 hours later a man shows up with a space heater. No apologies for my discomfort. Just gave it to me and left. I did not choose this hotel. It is the hotel we're having our conference at, so I guess our coordinators decided we all would stay here. The construction is okay, but there are some things they can do to make the place more presentable like change the rugs at the entrance of the hotel and in the elevators. I asked for a King bed room with a better view, but Angel did not have a King room with a better view she put me in. If I were her I would have found a way to make the guest happy by upgrading my room or something just to make me a happy camper. This has become a very disappointing week away from the office for me, unfortunately, thanks to Embassy Suites in Downtown Saint Paul. The Front desk people are very nice and the driver was nice too. The food at the restaurant is delicious; but I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MRDOSM, General Manager at Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for the review given to our Hotel on April 29th. I cannot apologize enough that we did not meet the expectations that you had for your stay with us. I have reviewed all of the feedback that you have provided in order to improve both the hotel and the service.

I hope that in the future we have the opportunity to earn back your business and your loyalty.

Oxbow, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Hotel has great potential but it is always difficult to stay in a hotel under construction. Could be great when complete as hotel's location is desirable. Renovated rooms are good but just shy of great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for your review given to our hotel on April 29th. We are excited about the renovation and we understadn the challenges that this presents to our guests staying with us. We want to thank all of you that have stood by us through the renovation process.

We truely value the feedback of all of our guests and look forward to hearing what additions would have made the room a "Great" room.

We share all of the feeback from our guests with all of our staff in an effort to continually improve both our hotel and our service.

Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

I enjoyed my time at this hotel As standard at every Embassy, I have ever stayed, free happy (5:30 till 7:30) hour is always a nice touch. Finger food is also available for free (veggies, popcorn, chip and salsa). Huge comfortable rooms that are very clean and peaceful. The staff is helpful and willing to recommend food around town. No airport shuttle but does have a shuttle that will take you to restaurants in town. The restaurant on site has free bingo on tuesday and give away credit to the restaurant. The Excel center is a couple of blocks away and the state capitol is view able from the hotel but about a mile from the hotel. The internet provided a great connection. The breakfast is worth the extra 30 minute wake up call to go get.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MRDOSM, General Manager at Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Thank you for the superb review that was given to our Hotel and staff on April 18th. We appreciated your comments about our helpful front staff. That is certainly something we are known for and expect every day. Thank you for sharing detail on what you found to make your stay enjoyable. We are truly blessed with a great location and great people to deliver service day in and day out.

Once again, thank you for your input and kind words. We share all comments with our service teams to reward good service and to understand our opportunities for improvement.

Alexandria, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed at the Embassy Suites in St. Paul while attending training. I had heard there was renovations going on but was gone during the day while the work was being done. I see that people have stated that there rooms were not clean which would have bothered me as well but my room was very well cleaned and comfortable. The courtyard area is beautiful with the running water and even a couple ducks floating around. The complimentary breakfast was great whether you wanted fruit and cereal or potatoes. meat and eggs. They also have a great manager's reception with free drinks and appetizers. If you are traveling alone, they do have a little pub with very friendly staff to prepare something to take to your room. I felt everyone was very pleasant from the front desk to the cleaning staff. I will be traveling again to St. Paul for work and will definitely consider staying with the Embassy again.

Steph A, Minnesota

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MRDOSM, General Manager at Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for the superb review that was given to our Hotel and friendly staff on April 14th. We appreciated your comments about our friendly front desk staff. That is certainly something we are known for and expect every day. Thank you for sharing detail on what you found to make your stay enjoyable. We are truly blessed with a great location and great people to deliver service day in and day out.

Fargo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Even though the hotel was underconstruction that last time we went, this will always be where we stay when attending events at the Excel Center. The shuttle service makes it effortless. The complimentary breakfasts (Made to oder omelets!) and evening Managers Reception make this hotel an even better value. We were lucky enough to get one of the remodeled rooms and they are very clean and modern. Awesome!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

West Hartford, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

They told us the last time we visited, that the hotel will be updated in the near future. That is good because it is overdue. I love the duck pond on the main floor and hope those displaced duckies find a nice home, but the real renovation must start in the suites which are very dated.
However, this is where we stay when we visit St Paul, and we won't stay anywhere else as long as Vince and Fred are making breakfast!
The suites come with breakfast, served cafeteria style on the main floor. As you pick up your tray and silverware and head through the line, help yourself to the fruit and juice, yogurt, cereal and coffee, but when you get to the griddles, have your omelettes and pancakes, made to order by Vince or Fred! We just look forward to a delicious breakfast so big, that we don't have to eat again until supper.
I recommend this hotel, and hope they keep the chefs we have grown so attached to over the years, even after they renovate!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the superb review that was given to our Hotel and friendly staff on April 11th. We appreciated your comments about our Breakfast staff. That is certainly something we are known for and expect every day. Thank you for sharing detail on what you found to make your stay enjoyable. We are truly blessed with a great location and great people to deliver service day in and day out.

Embassy Suites Saint Paul

Been to Embassy Suites St. Paul - Downtown? Share your experiences!