“Paris in St. Paul” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
San Antonio, TX
“Paris in St. Paul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Best food, alive ambience, great wine, attentive staff. Got the chicken: succulent. Had a cheese course which was right out of a great European restaurant. Lovely view, lots of windows. Intimate feel.

• Visited September 2012

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Second visit, just as good as the first”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

What a great restaurant! What an expensive restaurant! Great, great service from the instant you drive up and use valet parking, to finally ordering desert at the end of the visit, even though there's no way you'll have room for desert... Just be prepared for $100 per person if you're getting wine with the courses.

I was there with my wife and another couple and all of our food was superb, as you'd expect, but I didn't expect it to be $230 for each couple. Youch. My entrée was only $20 and my wife's was $26, as was the other couples' entrees. Clearly, the "glasses" (2", max) (and, I don't expect it to be filled to the brim like Olive Garden, but halfway would be nice) of wine was the clincher on the bill.

All in all it was excellent, but I probably wouldn't let them bring wine for every course again without at least knowing the price. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I went to Meritage for the second time last week, and loved it. It is a great place for a date. I tried the Ricotta and Pea Ravioli and my husband had the Chicken. I thought both might have been boring choices, but they were both delicious and cooked perfectly. The wine selection is awesome and the oysters were a great way to start our meal. Oh, and we ordered the chocolate mousse for dessert and it was almost as good as I had in Paris. (maybe it was just that I was in Paris that it tasted so good, but it is definitely worth trying at Meritage also if you love chocolate!) The service was great too, everyone is so friendly. We will definitley be back!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Poor service didn't make up for the food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I liked the food. The service was horrible. We arrived around 7 PM on a Tuesday night. The restaurant was not full, however, it appeared to be horribly under staffed. Service was unbelievably slow.

There is no excuse for that level of service when entrees are priced mid-20s, apps in the teens plus drinks. I certainly expect better.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Always a pleasure.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

An excellent place for business or pleasure, I return here often for the food and experience. Staff is young but know their stuff, and the Chef creates just the right balance. You won't be disappointed!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere