“Best place for burgers” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best place for burgers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

This is by far the best place for Juicy Lucys in the city. The food is always good. It is just a little place and always busy. We usually have to wait, but it's worth it.

• Visited October 2012

Chicago
“Juicy Lucy is Awsome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Heard about this place on a food channel. Was in the area last week so had to try it. So glad we did. One of the best burgers we have had. Only way to make it better would be with cheddar instead of American cheese. It is a messy burger, but sooooo delicious. Liked the cole slaw better than the fries. My GPS couldn't locate the address so I called for directions,with the help of an employee found the place in a few minutes.

America
“Another Honest Review....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

We (3 adults/2 children) ate at The Nook on Saturday, November 17th. I was in the mood for a good burger and my friend recommended this place. I am a huge fan of Triple D and was famililar with the restaurant from that show. It's a very small place upstairs with another bar/seating, as well as, some bowling lanes downstairs. We rented one of the lanes and headed downstairs. We ordered our food right away and a pitcher of beer. The food took a long time to get there (30-40 mins), which was disappointing. We had to go back to the bar twice to check on it. However, the bowling kept us entertained and once the food arrived, it was worth the wait. I ordered the Supreme Burger/fries and we ordered some hot wings and Wyld wings. The wings were drumettes and looked overcooked, but that was not the case. They were both quite deliciious. The burger was monsterous! It was their take on the Big Mac, but 3x the size. It was also great! The meat was seasoned well and very flavorful, great cheese and sauce too. Overall, a fine burger. I also enjoyed the hand-cut fries. Everyone enjoyed their meal and we were all stuffed when we left. The burger is not the best burger I've ever had, but it's in the top 20, which is saying quite a lot. I look forward to returning to The Nook when I visit STPL again.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Good food, great service, but not the best Lucy in town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I had high hopes for The Nook after years of hearing friends rave about the burgers, but the burgers were my least favorite part of our evening. We sampled several varieties of the Jucy Lucy and each one was good, but not the mind-blowing burger experience we were expecting. Matt's Bar in Minneapolis continues, in my book, to win the local title of best tasting Lucy hands down. However, the friendly service, intimate bar setting, tasty french fries, and appetizers raised The Nook from an average burger joint to a very good night out. There is a small but nice selection of beers on tap, including a few local brews. We shared an order of onion rings and they were nearly perfect; crisp crust, a good bite to the onion, and very flavorful. The wings were fried nicely but the regular buffalo flavor was a bit on the mild side; if we return we would order hotter wings. And the service and atmosphere was very cozy and friendly.

If you're in St. Paul and hankering a Jucy Lucy, head to The Blue Door Pub. But if you want a local bar with good wings and fries, head to The Nook.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Best Burger”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

By far the best burger in the Twin Cities. Hand cut fries are fantastic and the beer selection is great. I've tried, but I just can't find a better burger than the one at this St. Paul gem.