“Excellent food and Ambience” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Edwardsville, Illinois
“Excellent food and Ambience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Looking for some Vietnamese food, we were directed towards Mai Village, and it is a winner. The suroundings are elegant, they have a pond well stocked with Koi that you cross a bridge over, to enter the main dining area. The surroundings are soothing, it was quiet ( I HATE noisy dining rooms) and the food, well, that was a definite highlight. I chose the signature dish, the 7 courses of beef. If you like beef, and you can handle seven courses, it's a winner! The service was excellent, just the right speed. Prices are very reasonable, and looking at the menu, I saw several more entrees I am eager to try. Needless to say, we'll be back!

• Visited October 2013

Frontenac
“Excellent Vietnamese food in elegant surroundings”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

We returned to Mai Village with a party of 6 and were delighted by what we found. A round table was reserved within ear-shot of the fountain. The food was excellent---carefully prepared, fresh ingredients, lots of choices. Our young server needed some prompting, but accepted it graciously. Don't come here if you're in a rush. This is a place to savor good food, good company and the pleasure of a quieter, more elegant era. Plus there's a spacious parking lot in back. We'll return soon when we need to be soothed and well-fed.

• Visited September 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good food and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I've only been to Mai Village once but the food was really good and so was the service. The servers were very accommodating and our food arrived quickly. There's a lot of variety on the menu with many meat-based and vegetarian dishes and varying levels of spiciness. They even have a koi pond to entertain the children!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wisconsin
“Great lunch with freinds...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Recently this past February I met some friends for lunch at the Mai Village. Now that the construction out front is finished the parking and access greatly improved.

I have had the standard fares of egg rolls, stuffed wings and rice dishes. They are all tasty and full of flavor but I was after something new.

I tried the cold noodle lunch salad with ginger steak. It was a perfect combination of spices, carbohydrates, protein and vegetables. Mixed and blended in a bowl full of happiness.They mixture was both satisfying and healthy.

Add a hot pot of tea and my meal was complete. We talked and enjoyed the dark rich colors in this old style venue. Service was okay and a good time was had by all.

I will return

• Visited February 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A Beautiful Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

The atmosphere is elegant, and the prices are very reasonable. But the best part of the night is THE FOOD. The egg rolls are my favorite, but the sweet and sour pork is not far behind. I will be back again...and soon!

Visited September 2012