“mediocore food and unfriendly wait staff” 2 of 5 stars

651-227-0654
Improve this listing
Ranked #165 of 791 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“mediocore food and unfriendly wait staff”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We have been going to Day by Day cafe for breakfast for years on Sunday morning - mostly because my father-in-law likes to meet there! Well, we finally convinced him to find a new place after tolerating the VERY unfriendly wait staff! I could never understand why the place seems to have so many people wanting to eat there...the food is at best OK but the employees are something else. They act as though you are asking them for the world if you need something - most of them never smile ( I assume they dislike their jobs) and most are rude to my 88 year old father-in-law - pretending not to hear him! The good news is that we no longer go there and have found a MUCH better place closer to his house. If you do decide to go there consider yourselves warned!!!!!!

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“Unfriendly Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to the Day by Day for lunch for years. On my last visit, the service was slow and the server was rude. I am disappointed to cross Day by Day off my list.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“Good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

I met a friend for breakfast here a couple weeks ago. First time I had been here. It was a very good breakfast. The eggs and sausage were tasty, service was good, and prices were reasonable.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“A down home breakfast with a purpose”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

We have been here a number of times. A solid breakfast place. Pancakes are large and tasty. Actually breakfast is available all day. We also like to support their mission.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“This is our weekend go-to place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I really like this place, like the theme and the food. Not a fancy place, but very comfy, and the food is always consistent. Friendly staff, just a great place for morning coffee and breakfast. The patio is very nice on a pleasant day.

• Visited August 2013