“Fast, friendly service, WIFI & LARGE portions & "power people"” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
St.Paul, Minnesota
“Fast, friendly service, WIFI & LARGE portions & "power people"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

You're likely to see state legislators, city council members, and a variety of other "power people" here at breakfast. They come for a variety of reasons. The food is consistently really good, service is friendly, it's fast, and the portions are large.

They DO have WIFI which I really like because it has allowed me to show various kinds of presentations to people with whom I'm meeting (such as a foundation representative who really liked a you-tube video we were able to show her). Wifi is free.

But I digress. I've eaten here perhaps 20 times in three 3-4 years. You can could on the quality of the food and the service. Just a few minutes from downtown but FREE and EASY parking (not something you will find downtown).

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Shakopee, Minnesota
“HUGE portions!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Bring your appetite, or bring a friend to share because their meals are enormous! They've got great breakfast food, especially the omelets! Just thinking about their breakfast options makes me salivate... Make sure you've got a gym membership all lined up because you'll have thousands of calories to burn after these filling meals!

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, MN
“What is all the hype about?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

When we first arrived I thought everything was going well. We were seated in 10 minutes despite the busy restaurant. Our waitress came to the table right away, brought our drinks and took our order. It all went downhill from there.
My crab cake Benedict was more breadcrumb than crab. My husbands Cajun Benedict had the worst adouille sausage we have ever tasted. It was so over herbed it tasted like dirt. My daughters french toast just tasted like egg, no vanilla, no cinnamon.
Our waitress never came back to see how the meal was going. When she dropped the check off there was no mention of the uneaten sausage. We waited forever to get to-go containers (the hash browns are really good and huge) but our waitress was too busy doing her side work and chatting with other staff then to come back to our table. My daughter got fed up and interrupted her socializing so we could pay our bill and get containers.
I read good reviews on other sites and was hoping for a good meal. We won't be returning here.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Black Mountain, North Carolina
“Nice restaurant with good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We ate here on my husband's birthday. It's quite good. I love the way the restaurant is set up. It is a very large area with tables set far apart. It has a kind of old timey feel with the tile walls and counter seating. There was no background music and I LOVED IT! We could have a conversation while we enjoyed our breakfast. Our waitress was good and so was our meal. We sat by the window and watched the St. Paul street traffic go by. I had poached eggs and they were perfect. I really like the thick slices of bacon. My husband enjoyed biscuits and gravy, a treat he is allowed only on his birthday! A very nice experience. We will be back the next time we are in town.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This place can hold many people and serves good food. Whereas most menu items are very large, I found a healthy option where I could they used egg whites and fruit was the side dish.

Visited June 2012