“Good food, service and happy hour” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Albans
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good food, service and happy hour”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

Saji-Ya is a good choice for happy hour or dinner. Sushi is solid and other dishes are fine. Outdoor seating are is small but can be fun with the right group. The servers have always been good but the service can be slow on the weekends. Prices are decent.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful experiece!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

My sisters and I recently celebrated a birthday at lunch at Saji-Ya. The food was delicious and it was a real value. Our waiter Freddie made our time very special with a yummy chocolate dessert topped with a sparkler/candle. He was very attentive. It made the birthday even more memorable and fun.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Fantastic Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

A couple of girlfriends and I went there for lunch one day in November. The sushi is the best I have had in a long time! My one friend can't eat sushi but had their chicken teriyaki and it was amazing! I strongly recommend this restaurant! The server was very helpful and friendly.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great service and wonderful food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

The staff have always been friendly and helpful. The food is excellent, my husband loves the chicken and shrimp bento box and i have always loved their sushi. I recently had surgery and the take out miso soup my husband picked up for me was delious and soothing to my upset stomach.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very good Sushi and Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We went for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon so there weren't a lot of people at Saji-Ya. It was quite nice to not have a lot of noise as we have experienced in our past visits. As always, the staff was very attentive and friendly. They brought out the sushi and sashimi rolls that we ordered in a timely manner. For our rolls, we ordered the Number 9 and Dynamite. For Sashimi, we ordered the Albacore, Hamachi, Maguro (both Yelow Fin and Big Eye), as well as the Salmon. As always, the sashimi is fresh and the sushi is great! We also had our requisite Sake. If you like light and fragrant sake, I recommend ordering any of the Junmai Daiginjo types of sake - a little of the expensive side, but well worth it!!

I have been coming to Saji-Ya probably once every 2-3 months, and never have I yet been disappointed! Needless to say, we'll definitely be coming back in the future!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Been to Saji-Ya? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Saji-Ya, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.