“Fantastic Food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: St. Albans
“Fantastic Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

A couple of girlfriends and I went there for lunch one day in November. The sushi is the best I have had in a long time! My one friend can't eat sushi but had their chicken teriyaki and it was amazing! I strongly recommend this restaurant! The server was very helpful and friendly.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great service and wonderful food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

The staff have always been friendly and helpful. The food is excellent, my husband loves the chicken and shrimp bento box and i have always loved their sushi. I recently had surgery and the take out miso soup my husband picked up for me was delious and soothing to my upset stomach.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Very good Sushi and Service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

We went for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon so there weren't a lot of people at Saji-Ya. It was quite nice to not have a lot of noise as we have experienced in our past visits. As always, the staff was very attentive and friendly. They brought out the sushi and sashimi rolls that we ordered in a timely manner. For our rolls, we ordered the Number 9 and Dynamite. For Sashimi, we ordered the Albacore, Hamachi, Maguro (both Yelow Fin and Big Eye), as well as the Salmon. As always, the sashimi is fresh and the sushi is great! We also had our requisite Sake. If you like light and fragrant sake, I recommend ordering any of the Junmai Daiginjo types of sake - a little of the expensive side, but well worth it!!

I have been coming to Saji-Ya probably once every 2-3 months, and never have I yet been disappointed! Needless to say, we'll definitely be coming back in the future!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Wonderful staff, very good Japanese food on St Paul's chic Grand Ave.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

Nice atmosphere, it was totally redone 4 or 5 years ago. The food is very good, very authentic. The two sushi chefs crank out very good sushi. Also, good drinks. Parking can be a bit difficult, but once you're there there are many other cool places within walking distance.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
St. Paul, Minnesota
“I love saji-ya!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I always get the vegetarian bento box meal. Saji -ya always accomodates by substituting miso soup instead of the egg drop soup. I love the tofu covered in mushroom sauce- true Japanese comfort food!

Visited June 2012