“The rudest hostess in the world - waited 1 hour with a reservation” 1 of 5 stars
Review of La Grolla

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romance, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Minneapolis, MN
“The rudest hostess in the world - waited 1 hour with a reservation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2009

This past weekend I encountered the rudest hostess in the world, or at least in all my travels thought the world - at La Grolla in St. Paul. After waiting ONE HOUR beyond our reservation time the hostess wanted to seat us at a table in the bar, which was jammed pack with angry customers like us - still waiting for a table - from 45 minutes to an hour+ beyond their reservation time. After I told the hostess, who had the presonality of a non-functioning door knob, that after waiting an hour beyond our reservation time a table in a loud, jammed pack bar was not acceptable, she explained that I had three choices. I could: 1) take the table at the bar 2) continue to wait 3) leave. All of these choices explained with a very curt and condessending demeanor. Not only was I offended, but she had the same sparkling personality with other customers as well - some who did decide to leave. I won' t be back and suggest you avoid such horrible, rude treatment and enjoy any of the other Italian restaurants in the Twin Cities.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“great food and atmosphere, nice and attentive staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2009

great food and atmosphere, nice and attentive staff

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Large pasta portions and...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

Large pasta portions and an extensive wine.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great date-night! Servers rock.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2008

Great date-night! Servers rock.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“I had it a few years ago, but the food was a bit salty. But great location and I love rustic Italian food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2008