“beautiful hotel excellent lunch!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The St. Paul Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 793 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 5th St.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“beautiful hotel excellent lunch!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Enjoyed a great bottle of wine with my husband along with lunch. Bread was wonderful, butter actually has a flavor. The wild rice soup was great, the bacon in the Cobb salad was Unbelieveable. The charred salmon salad was the best I've ever had. Key lime pie topped off the afternoon. You can actually walk through a skywalk from the Crown Plaza Hotel to it without getting wet in rain for treading snow!!!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MorrisseyHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Paul Grill, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for visiting The St. Paul Grill from Mukwonago, Wisconsin! We are so glad you thought the Charred Salmon Salad was so fantastic and we cannot disagree! It is one of our most popular items. We hope you will return soon and you should ask a Front Desk person at The Saint Paul Hotel for a tour of one of our rooms.

Beardsley, MN
“Great historical building”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

A great place to stop for a drink or meal. Dinners are on the upper end, but lunches reasonable. Beautiful, elegant building. Boasts a 500lb painting in the Bar from Germany.

Visited March 2013
Thank you for visiting The St. Paul Grill and for your review on TripAdvisor. We hope you will return again and enjoy lunch or dinner!
Zimmerman, Minnesota
“so-so, could've been better, could've been worse”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

We are in town for the weekend to celebrate our birthdays. This was where we chose to eat our first night (3/1/13) for my significant others birthday. We ordered a glass of Riesling wine for each of us, I ordered chicken rigatoni and my S.O. ordered swordfish. We got our food within 15 minutes. Unfortunately when I tried mine I was disappointed to find the noodles were not cooked all the way- they were still have hard! Yes, we each tried two noodles on my plate to make sure it wasn't just one. The swordfish was awesome. It was about five minutes before we could flag down our waitress to order something different for me. I wanted the Dijon chicken but was told it would take quite a bit longer than the rotisserie chicken, so I said the rotisserie is fine. (Keep in mind we didn't get there until 9:30PM as we had a 1 1/2 hour drive to get down here after work so we were hungry) My S.O.ate his food while I waited for my new order. Unfortunately, he was almost done with his before I received mine, which was a huge bummer because who wants to eat alone? The other part of the experience I didn't care for was the guy refilling our water glasses leaned over our food to give us more water without even asking and in doing so dripped water in my wine. We would have been more than happy to move our water glasses to the end of the table if he had asked, which we ended up doing after the first refill in order to avoid him leaning over our food/dripping water in our wine. The positive? Food was good when we received it and our server was nice. Also liked the lighting was not overpowering.

Would we go back? Honestly no. We except a much better experience when going to an upscale restaurant. It was a let down on my S.O.'s birthday.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
MorrisseyHospitality, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Paul Grill, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Thank you for visiting The St. Paul Grill and for your feedback. We appreciate you traveling for your significant other's birthday and appreciate you choosing The Grill for such an occasion. We are very glad your SO enjoyed the swordfish and am sorry the pasta was not prepared properly originally, but glad a server did respond to get you something as quick as possible. We are sorry you are not planning on returning, but do hope you would give us another opportunity.
Fort Worth, Texas
“Sad to report an average experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our family's favorite celebration brunch is at the St. Paul Hotel. This time our experience did not live up to their usual standard. First of all they seated us at the back, surrounded on 3 sides by a large family who were obviously having a great time. They were so loud (but I'm glad they were having a good time) we had difficulty carrying on a conversation. Next when the pecan rolls were served, even though I had made it clear this was a birthday celebration, the birthday candle was missing. This may seem like a small thing, but it is a tradition we look forward to. Finally, our favorite is their salmon benedict (one of their specialties) and they were OUT of salmon. I am very disappointed and we may need to look for another venue for family celebrations.

• Visited February 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

The service is great, the food is very good and the atmosphere is great. I also liked seeing the wall of fame which includes some of the famous folks from St. Paul, i.e., F. Scott Fitzgerald and Judy Garland.

Visited February 2013