“Throw back to the 50's” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night
Tampa, Florida
“Throw back to the 50's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I hear that no visit to St Paul is complete without a visit to Mickey's. So i went for breakfast and timed it just right. That place gets hopping and there isn't much seating space. Since I was solo, I sat at the counter. I order the 2's and could have had half of that order or should have... it was delicious and I ate way too much. The buttermilk pancakes are light and fluffy and the eggs and bacon came out perfectly cooked. Of course there is a lot of fat used in their cooking, but once in a while a visit to Mickey's should hurt you.

Visited September 2012

70% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Picturesque stops at the door”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Let's be honest here. No one eats at Mickey's Diner on West Seventh Street in downtown St. Paul for the food. Mickey's is your typical greasy spoon, serving standard-fare eggs, hash browns, grease etc. in a converted, real-life railroad dining car that looks very much like a converted real-life railroad dining car, except this one has stools. Mickey's makes for a great photo-op for tourists, but attraction doesn't extend to the menu.

Visited October 2012
Lawrence, Kansas
“Unique Dining Experience & Great Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

We visited Mickey's diner in early August (2012). The place was cute and very unique. The waiters were very direct and to the point, but that added to the character of the place. The blueberry pancakes are delicious. The potatoes o'brien were also good, though a little greasier than my taste. My husband got the biscuits and gravy and loved those as well. Free parking is located next door for a short period of time. I've heard its a "must-eat" in St. Paul, I'm glad that we made it there!

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Lenox, Illinois
“Mickey's Diner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Was in the Twin Cities this past weekend. While driving through St. Paul, we noticed this place and figured it looked cool, so we decided to stop here for lunch.

As I walked up to it, I knew this place looked familiar, and as soon as I walked in, I realized this was the diner used for a few scenes in the Mighty Ducks movie.

My hamburger and fries were good. Decent sized menu. Our server was very friendly -- she knew we were from out of town and started talking to us about the Bears/Packers game, and the various Minnesota sports teams.

Very quaint... awesome little place!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
saint paul
“Best Omelet Ever”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

First there are two Mickeys Diners, both on West Seventh St. The downtown diner, railroad car version, is on the National Historic Register. This review is of the Mickeys farther out on West Seventh next to Famous Daves BBQ. Both are in St. Paul.

I've had a lot of omelets lately, but Mickeys has the best, especially the Denver Omelet. Mickeys is sort of the Minnesota version of the Waffle House (which we don't have up here). A great 24 hour diner.

• Visited September 2012