“Great place to end your evening” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 791 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Great place to end your evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

On top of their coffee and dessert they also do soup, salad and sandwiches. Lunch is consistly very good though sometimes the wait during the rush times can get a bit long. I choose to avoid the lines and come in the early evening or late at night.

They have great cakes, pies and tarts. I've tried ALOT of their desserts and have yet to be dissapointed so you really can't go wrong with whatever you choose. The perfect end to a date night is a slice of cake and a couple of coffees from Cafe Latte. (The desserts can be very rich so I like to split something with a friend)

I've stopped by Cafe Latte to get entire cakes to go for special events and found the quality, taste and ease of it all wonderful. I'm certain they prefer you call ahead for whole cakes but I've also walked in and ordered one without issue. They were very accommodating.

Overall, it's a great spot!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Istanbul, Turkey
“A Dessert Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is the place to go for a fantastic slice of cheese cake, german chocolate cake, fruit tarte, or whatever other mouth-wateringly delicious sweet treat you may be craving. My personal favorite was the cheesecake for years, though not long ago I tried the Tres Leche cake for the first time and have never turned back. Unbelievably moist, this slice of sweet, creamy cloud will literally melt within moments of gracing your taste buds. The coffees make an excellent accompaniment, and if you're looking for more of a meal than a dessert their salads and soups are also top-notch.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Shoreview, Minnesota, United States
“Consistently awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Cafe Latte is my go-to place for a treat for myself or with friends. There is a reason that desserts are placed first! Get one - you can always take it home. They are fabulous. I personally always go fro something chocolate. It's really good with their fresh-brewed ice tea or coffee. They also have a full espresso menu.

Soups, salads, sandwiches - ALL are fresh and tasty. There are many out-of the-ordinary choices. I like getting the salad samplers. The always courteous line staff will also give you small tastes of things. That has helped me find new things I like.

Try to avoid peak meals times. I've never seen this place empty. Parking can be an issue at busy times, but a little walk is good for you.

I think I need to treat myself again soon!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grand Marais, Minnesota
“Have you meal your way.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

This cafeteria is classy. The choices of soups, salads, desserts are all great tasting and good looking. They build a sandwich/wrap to your specific choices with all fresh, creative, tasty ingrediants. Try to time your meal to an off hour time, I was there at 4 p.m. and found a table and could linger over making my food choices. By an hour later the line was long and tables were not readily available. It is a dining option that is worth the planning, finding a parking space in the Grand Ave. area, and the price is just fine too. I live 250 miles away and usually try to stop by for a meal when in the cities.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Milford, OH
“I'll be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

My daughter who lives in MN LOVES this place; she even had their cakes at her wedding, so we stopped by for desserts. I tried a bite of her Tres Leches cake that was OH SO GOOD that I'd wished I'd ordered it. I ordered the German Chocolate cake since I'm a chocaholic and it was divine. My husband's Turtle cake was also yummy. I had a bite of the cheesecake that was also good but I prefer a graham crust.

The other food looked good too so I want to stop back here next time I'm in town.

• Visited May 2013