“Great place in an overlooked neighborhood” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 685 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Family Fare, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Excellent food and drink in a friendly atmosphere. We have 20 taps of Minnesota craft beer, classic and new cocktails, a surprising wine list, made from scratch food with high quality (mostly local) ingredients.
Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA
“Great place in an overlooked neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Being one of the closer places to my house, Ward 6 has quickly become a favorite. Outstanding local beer selection and pretty good food, with one of the better fish and chips in the area. It's always packed, but the staff does a good job accomodating everyone. And the bar itself is damn-near a work of art.

Visited November 2013

St Paul
“Great addition to the East Side”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

A cozy setting, with consistently great food and unique specials. An ever-changing selection of beers on tap. Brunch on the weekends is a wonderful choice. Try anything with the harissa hollandaise sauce. The bloody Mary's are some of the best in town, too.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St Paul, MN
“Very Attentive Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We were greeted immediately upon entering in a very friendly manner. We were checked on multiple times by different employees during our meal (not just by the waitress.) The fish and chips were excellent, as was the other food we ordered. The prices were reasonable and we liked the atmosphere. We would definitely return.

Visited October 2013
Minnesota
“Great food - but small and tight seating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I gave it an average- only because of people standing over our food while we ate and the food was good but not super.

The inside is small and crammed. It's best to get there early before dinner picks up. If you are stuck at a table near the door you literally have people standing over your food which I didn't care for because there is no waiting area. I think it would be a better experience to have a table in the back.

I had the fish and chips and it was very good. My hubby had the Fatty Burger - that was good but not super. We also had apple pie which was great but the 'moist' cake was so dry. We should have asked to return it.

If I'm going to spend a fair amount on food I want the dining part to be nice as well. We had a tiny table for two right by the door and I felt like people were breathing on my food - probably because they were.

• Visited October 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Metro Minneapolis-Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Best Burger I've Ever Had -- Hands Down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I read a short review regarding Ward 6 on an eastside blog and decided to give it a try. Outstanding from start to finish. We went on a Thursday evening about 7:30 pm and only had about a 10 minute wait. The wine selection was good, beer selection was great. Service was on spot and the prices are extremely reasonalbe as the portions are quite large. There were four in our party and I can't speak for the others but the burger (HUGE) was by far the best burger I have ever had in my life and I've sampled many burgers. My dad ordered the Ruben sandwich and was barely able to finish half of it -- clearly New York deli size.

Great ambiance in the hood of St. Paul. There was absolutely nothing I did not love about this restaurant. I can't wait to go back. Definately Five Star from me.

• Visited October 2013