“Worth every dollar” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Midway Motel

Midway Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Paul
Midway Motel
You added Midway Motel to your Saves list
901 Snelling Ave N, Saint Paul, MN 55104   |
Ranked #8 of 17 Hotels in Saint Paul
“Worth every dollar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed here for 5 days loved the hotel. Had two kids with me under the age of 5 felt very safe and was a quiet place to stay. Tried to book again in August but no openings :( ........loved the owners wife a very nice couple

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a reservation at a different motel, but they wouldn't check us in early. We were exhausted from a long drive, and when looking for a pharmacy, we drove past Midway Motel. I googled the phone number and called for a room. The amazing family that owns the motel was soooo accommodating. We were given a perfect little room. Very clean and quiet. The price was cheaper than the "other" motel that we subsequently cancelled. Not only could we rest after a long drive, we could walk to the state fair (rather than driving & paying for parking). Perfect family-owned motel that is clean. Thank you, owners of Midway! We will be back. :)

• Stayed August 2013
Moose Lake, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed one night at the Midway Motel across the street from Hamline University in May 2013. This clean and safe motel had everything I needed for $50/nt. The room had wifi, the bathroom looked as though it had been recently remodeled, and the bed was comfortable. The room had air conditioning and a small refridgerator, but did not have a clock/radio, coffee pot, or a microwave, It's probably not a room that I'd want to hang out in, but it's a great place to sleep and get cleaned up in the am. Some have said that it's not in the best part of town, but I didn't see anything to support that opinion. The owners offer a great deal on a room that provides all of the basics including easy parking. The help behind the desk was helpful and friendly. Plus, it's nice to support a family owned business instead of some big impersonal corporation!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dickinson, ND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at the Midway Motel for one night, for a meeting at the UM-St. Paul campus. The staff were gracious and helpful, the room was good-sized and attractive, and the location was very convenient to my meeting - all for $50/night! Great experience. I would return to this motel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

I've stayed here quite a bit. I've even called this motel my home for over 4 months. It is very quiet. The family that runs it now are very particular on who they rent the rooms to, so everyone who decides to stay there can expect a great and quiet experience. The rooms have been remodeled. This is a great and affordable place for someone to stay a night or two. Or however long you need to. It is also very safe for families with young children.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Bismarck, North Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2010

I stayed at this place several times over the last 11 years or so.
It simply was the cheapest place to stay at the location I was looking for.
It looks a bit seedy, like the type of place were you expect hookers and drug dealers to
meet clients but it was a decent experience, I never heard or saw anything unusual. However, after my wife heard about it, she forbid me to stay over there again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
St. Martin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2010

I needed a place in the city, didn't want spendy downtown prices, or any sort of trendy night life. I was biking around the Mpls/St. Paul area and just needed a spot to sleep. It was easy to bike to with a little trip planning ahead of time. I'm sure public transit would be a piece of cake. The area is quiet, seemed safe, heard no extra neighbor noise, bed comfortable- slept great. There's nothing frilly about this motel, they keep thier rates low. The staff was friendly and I liked the free coffee in the morning.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Holiday Inn St Paul Downtown
Holiday Inn St Paul Downtown
#7 of 17 in Saint Paul
3.5 of 5 stars 220 reviews

Been to Midway Motel? Share your experiences!