“Fancy names on ok pizza” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #13 of 791 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Pizza
Pennsy
“Fancy names on ok pizza”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I read a lot of hype about this place - and most was about the urban twist type pizza vs the standard pepperoni and mushroom. After going and looking over the menu (which was oddly unappealing) I setteld on the meatball, ricotta and garlic. No sauce. How can you mess this up?

Uh, yeah, I think I'll look for some decent pepperoni..... Think twice about high price, low taste pizza places befroe you drop a lot of money here!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Fargo, North Dakota
“Wood fired, Fresh Ingredients..A must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just a short walk from the Embassy in St.Paul, Two with families with children and everyone enjoyed our first trip to this Pizza joint in downtown St.Paul.

Visited August 2013
Minnesota
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I literally drive 45 miles to eat here. I've probably eaten here about 10 times now. Without fail, the service has always been prompt and friendly. The food arrives more quickly than I expect. The place is always clean and inviting. Lastly, the food is awesome.
Each time we order a salad and pizza. I've had different farmers' market salads (vary with seasonal availability) and the chop salad. Fresh tasting and completely satisfying. We've ordered both our own custom-built pizza and from their listed suggestions. They have a mix of both traditional and more refined toppings (from pepperoni to fennel sausage). They make their own meatballs with a combination of pork and beef. The pizzas are thin and crisp out of the coal-fired oven. There is good amount of topping on the pizza as well. They have a nice selection of craft and local beers - several on tap. I like that you can order a 1/2 or full carafe of house wine. $13 for 1/2 carafe.
When I found this through reviews online it was compared to Punch Pizza. I know there are Punch devotees and I will never understand them. My experience there was a soggy, sparsely topped pizza. It falls way short of Black Sheep if you like a piece of pizza that doesn't wilt in your hand when you pick it up and like to taste the toppings on the pizza.
We've gone here with kids, and just adults. Hope you will give it a try and like it!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago
“Nice experience.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

After being in the car for hours, we were looking for a place to walk to from our downtown hotel. Although pizza isn't my first choice of food, we decided to try it anyway. It was quite good. They have some more unusual pizza selections which was a nice change! Food was good; maybe not served super fast, but that's fine because it was delicious and hot! Nice atmosphere. I'd definitely go back.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“My new favorite in St. Paul”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We were looking for a place within walking distance of the Embassy Suites. We took a table outside- during rush hour. The traffic was distracting, but the food and service made up for it. We shared a market salad and a small pizza and had more than enough for two. A couple of nice glasses of wine rounded off the meal. We will go back.

• Visited August 2013