“One of a kind” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
FACES mears park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 805 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: American, Moroccan, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sibley/5th
Description: At FACES mears park, we craft fresh, wholesome, comfortable American cuisine, utilizing modern and Old World culinary artistry. Our beautiful space features a sit-down bistro, wine bar, bottle shop and bakery. Helmed by executive chef David Fhima, FACES mears park uses local, organic and sustainably farmed ingredients. We are a Twin Cities dining destination and a fixture in the Lowertown St. Paul community. Our guests are welcomed with the warm hospitality for which David is known and delighted by the stunning interior created by Billy Beson. Whether dining in or picking up a rotisserie chicken, baguette and bottle of wine to go, our guests enjoy an array of options made with the best local ingredients and without additives, preservatives or processing. FACES mears park has an extensive wine list featuring organic, biodynamic and sustainably farmed options.
“One of a kind”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

There aren't many restaurants in the twin cities that can pull off what FACES can. The fact that everything is organic and locally grown makes it that much better. It is not only unique in that the creator of the menu is in the back cooking the food, but also very personable with the guests. I found it hard to make a decision on what I wanted to eat! My husband got a Tagine and I got a burger, both were amazing. After, we forced ourselves to try the flour less chocolate cake and I absolutely didn't regret it. From the scratch kitchen concept to the wonderful service, I am hooked on FACES.

Becker, MN
“An Amazing Wonderful Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

For Christmas this year my daughter got us a certificate for a Five Course Dinner with Wine Pairing at the Chef's Table to this restaurant! We really didn't know what to expect but what we got was off the charts amazing!!! At the Chef's table, the Chef comes out of the kitchen to explain what he is going to prepare for you! He was charming, warm, and friendly. Jerome our waiter also explained that the Restaurant serves only organic foods, fixed Moroccan style, the beef is grass fed and raised right down in Cannon Falls, MN. The chicken is free range and not caged. We were given five different wines, one for each course we had, starting with Champagne with Scallops served with a biscuit and a rich sauce over it. The second course was whole wheat macaroni with a rich butter and cream sauce with a lightly breaded deep fried jumbo shrimp served with a Sauv blank.. the third course a pastry wrapped fillet with a port Demi de castes sauce ...with a Napa Valley Cabernet the fourth course, .fish, mussels ... peppers...lemon and spicy pepper., paprika and and goodness knows what else! A "Faces " original! Served with a Napa Pinot Noir! The fifth course was chocolate moose, nut bar with Carmel and Napoleon with with Italian Moscato. Sparkling wine!

Over all it was the most amazing dinner I've ever had!!! Sitting at the Chef's Table was a treat I will never forget.

If you want a really memorable night with amazing food and service, try this place it will not disappoint!!!!!

Thank You Faces for an Amazing unforgettable night!!!!

Also let me add my spelling of the food items and sauces if horrid!!! But if you go here, you will see what I mean!!! This place is GREAT!!!!

• Visited February 2013
White Bear Lake, Minnesota
“Just okay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was super excited about trying this restaurant, but I was somewhat disappointed by my experience. The service was mediocre and the Thai Chicken Salad was pretty bland. The restaurant itself looks out to Mears Park which is the best feature of the restaurant. The ambience was pretty cool, but the food and service was just okay.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Herbster, WI
“Unique Food - Questionalbe Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

We took in an early dinner prior to a performance at the Excel Energy Center. This came highly rated and was available.
1. We found the building locked when we arrived on a Sunday evening at 5PM. We had to walk around to the Mears Park side to enter. Hint: On a weekend park near Mears Park.
2. The setting was incredible and ambience nearly perfect. It was easy to carry on a conversation at our table of six.
3. A server with tatoos all over her arms said she would be serving us the bar drinks. When we ordered only one bar drink, we never saw her again. Not good.
4. Then our server came by in a black mini-skirt trying to look sexy which failed miserably. We had a gluetin intolerant member of our party and while the restaurant advertises a gluetin free menu but that seemed to be something that was a foreign concept.
5. The highlight was the food! It was served by the chefs! That is brilliant and speaks of the quality the owners probably intended.
Call me old fashion but having someone serve me with tatoos on their arms turns my stomach. The ambiance, chefs, and food were great. The rest of the service brough a 5-star restaurant down to three.

• Visited December 2012
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Good and Bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

The food was excellent except for one hair. Having worked in restaurants in the past, I understand it happens but, unfortunately, in this case the manager blamed the person I was with and did not apologize or show any empathy.
Atmosphere is great. The restaurant overlooks Mears Park so you get a little bit of heaven in downtown St. Paul.

Visited December 2011