“Decent room, but check-out too early” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Saint Paul
Highway Motel
Save Saved
You added Highway Motel to your Saves list
2152 7th St W, Saint Paul, MN 55116   |
Ranked #12 of 17 Hotels in Saint Paul
Duluth, Minnesota
“Decent room, but check-out too early”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

I was looking for a cheap place to stay the night in the St. Paul area using my GPS's point-of-interest database and phone (to check for availability), and this one came up as close to the cheapest ($60 / night) and most convenient. So I decided to stay there.

Well, get there, and no surprise, it's one a true "park outside your room" motel (though there seemed to be two stories). The location is rather isolated from a "where can I walk to?" standpoint, but it's within convenient driving distance (~5 miles) of downtown St. Paul, a similar distance to downtown Minneapolis, and very close to the airport (though airport noise was not an issue at all). There's a Mexican restaurant next door that I know nothing about.

Check-in went OK and the non-smoking room was clean, though oddly with a hint of smoke or something else that seemed to disappear after being in there for a little bit and turning the A/C (wall unit) on. The room had plenty of space, a decent bed, bathroom with bath, and a TV with the full local basic cable line-up, including public access channels. I slept well, and woke up the next morning at about 9:00, watched the news on TV, and got out of bed at around 10:40 or so to shower. Right as I was hopping into the shower, I heard the room phone ring. "Hello sir, time to check out". At 10:40?!!! Who checks out that early?!! Most places I've been to, it seems to be 12. Some, 11. But this place seemed to have it set at 10:30, maybe 11:00 and a warning call. Still, I'd prefer a noon check-out.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

1 review from our community

Been to Highway Motel? Share your experiences!