“Good food, friendly and comfortable atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Salut Bar Americain is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 685 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: French, American, Hamburgers
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Milton Avenue
Transit: Easy access via the main bus line off of Grand Avenue.
Minnetonka, Minnesota
“Good food, friendly and comfortable atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

Had a full three course meal here. The meatball appetizer was fantastic as was the brie. I had the herb roasted chicken which was tender and flavorful. It didn't come with sauce. I had fries which were good but a little greasy. Other people in my group had the steak and mashed potatoes and I heard no complaints. I tried a dark chocolate cake and a lemon meringue pie and didn't like either. The cake was dry and the lemon was very tart with a cardboard-like crust. I would eat here again but I wouldn't trust dessert. I'd like to try their burger next time. This place is pretty expensive and valet parking is available for $7 (we parked down the block).

Visited December 2013

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“great location, attentive service, exciting French menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

Went there with family. Though parking was tight, I did find a space in their lot. Lucky me! I love the location but because it is winter, the patio was not an option. The indoor ambiance was very comforting and inviting.

The wait staff is friendly and attentive and knowledgeable about the menu. The mussels were great, dipped in wine sauce and butter, and bits of bacon. The crostini was okay and was served in unique dishes. I love my Scallops Quatre; the scallops were very tasty. I never thought I would love butternut squash, but it seemed perfect with the scallops and the wild rice and the blood orange. I will definitely order it again next time. The pastas, saffron shrimp linquini and the baked rigatoni looked yummy and fresh. My other companions seemed to enjoy their steaks and burgers. The red velvet cake was humongous and came with a dollop of raspberry and chocolate ice cream.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Wonderful Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Interesting menu which makes use of available, local fresh foods. Excellent beef and fish entres. Although you can wear casual clothing, the restaurant is a bit pricy but well worth the money. I would recommend reservations as this is a popular spot on Grand Ave in St. Paul. Valet parking is available

Visited October 2013
Woodbury
“Oyster bar.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed dinner at the osyter bar in the restaurant that has a fun view of the kitchen. We tryed the oysters which was a first for both of us. Our waitress was helpful in ordering the oysters, east coast vs west coast. We both enjoyed our meals too, get the fries with the sandwiches or the because the salad is just a spring mix.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Tasty French food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Salut has a great menu of tasty French delights. They're known for their steak, but I wasn't overly impressed by it. It was cooked correctly (medium rare), but tough. The Croque Madame is my favorite thing on the menu and is made with their signature baguette, bechamel, ham, and eggs over easy. Delish! Their mixed greens salad is always a tasty, healthy side, but the frites are good too.

Visited October 2013