“A fun dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Senor Wong is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #279 of 685 Restaurants in Saint Paul
Cuisines: Mexican, Latin, Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Robert Street
New York, New York, United States
“A fun dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Interesting menu. Off beat. Well prepared. Hard to find, off the street, but well worth seeking out.

Visited January 2013

North Las Vegas, Nevada
“My best meal in Minnesota”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was staying nearby at the Crowne Plaza and found Senor Wong close so I decided to try it. It was absolutely hands-down my best meal during my trip.

I started with the Fresh Spring Rolls. Wrapped in a thin rice paper was shrimp, roasted pork, greens and soba noodles served alongside some spicy peanut sauce. The spring rolls on their own were simply amazing. Dipped in the delicious peanut sauce made them incredible.

That was followed by the Torta Milanesa, a crispy chicken sandwich smothered with refried beans, Chihuahua cheese, avocado, tomato, onion, cilantro and a chipotle aioli. It comes with a side salad. I typically try to eat a bit healthier than a piece of fried chicken, but this just called to me off the menu and I was not disappointed. The combination of flavors was perfect and something I have definitely never had in the past. The chicken was perfectly cooked and the flavor was incredible.

If I ever find myself nearby again, I will not hesitate to visit again.

Visited December 2012
Roseville, Minnesota
“Wonderful food in downtown St. Paul, MN”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

A good friend of mine was in town and she and her daughter were staying in downtown St. Paul so I did some googling and checked out several restaurants before settling on Señor Wong. It got mixed reviews everywhere I looked but in the end it was a great place! The food is excellent as well as the service. As the name suggests, the menu is a mixture of Asian and Mexican cuisine and everyone in our party had something different. We had the firecracker shrimp appetizer and it was yummy. For dinner I had the Szechwan Stir-fry with Steak and it was delicious! Hubby had their fish tacos and he said those were equally delicious. The prices are reasonable as well. I would definitely recommend it!!

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Love the menu and the ambiance.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love this places ambiance, very romantic. The menu is a blend of Asian/southwest as the name would lead you to believe. Highly recommend the Pad Thai along with the sweet potato fries. They also have a extensive list of some interesting drinks. I recommend the Donkey Punch but please use caution.

Visited November 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Disappointing!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Checked the menu out on their web page before visiting on a Friday evening. Sat in the bar area (though the restaurant area looked nice). Food was a total let down. What were listed as popper style wontons turned out to be large triangles of pastry over filled with cream cheese. I broke all of the won tons apart and found two tiny pieces of jalepeno pepper in the whole batch. The Char Siu was just a chunk of pork belly that had been overly char grilled with zero seasoning nothing like the wonderful Chinese original that can be purchased at many local oriental markets.
I loved the idea of the fusion of oriental and Mexican but this was more Old Country Buffet.
This is not a place for you if you are looking for food with even a dash of spice, very bland, very boring.
The VERY loud and foul mouthed group of drunken women in a corner booth added nothing to the atmosphere of the place.
Don't waste your time or money.

• Visited October 2012