I stayed at this hotel for three nights to visit a customer about 7 miles away. I'm a Hilton HHonors Gold member but hadn't stayed at the Doubletree brand before and didn't know what to expect. I hadn't read reviews of this hotel because planning this trip was rushed and I didn't have the chance to pick and choose where to stay - I simply had to find a hotel within the Hilton family close to the customer.
I have to say that I couldn't be more pleased with the quality of the service I've received, the quality of the room, the great food in Dover's restaurant, and the superb Precor-brand gym equipment in the 24-hour gym (yes, 24 hours!). The gym has 4 Precor treadmills, two recumbent bikes, and one eliptical trainer. There are two weight benches and several free wights, plus a balance ball and yoga mats. It's well-kept and clean, and there were always fresh towels and water in the gym.
The room I was given was a king bed, handicapped-accessible room, so there isn't a place to put my girlie things in the bathroom by the sink - the sink is a pedestal sink. The bathroom is large, though, and has Neutrogena-brand toiletries. They provide Neutrogena brand foaming facial cleanser and a great moisturizer with SPF45. Both products are very nice!!
The room has a king size bed, with nightstands on either side of the bed. There is a large 8-drawer dresser with a Phillips-brand TV, and a Wolfgang Puck-brand coffee pod brewer with Wolfgang Puck-brand coffee - it's actually quite nice coffee. There is a nice desk with a comfortable chair and wired internet access (wireless is only available throughout the hotel in public places). There is also a lounge chair with ottoman and a floor lamp for reading in the comfy chair, and a small granite side table.
The carpet, fabric on the furnishings, and curtains appear new and its obvious this hotel has been through a recent renovation; the lobby furniture is trendy and new, the carpet throughout this hotel is new and the furnishings in the room appear to be new as well.
The bed is the Hilton Heavenly Bed and boy - what a great sleep! 5 fluffy pillows on the bed (that don't appear to be feather pillows) with a great fluffy comforter.
The restaurant here in the hotel is called Dovers and they serve an amazing hot buffet breakfast. Eggs made to order, or scrambled on the buffet. Sausage, bacon, ham, hashbrowns, toast or muffins of all kinds, hot oatmeal, cold cereals, fruit, yogurt, juices, milk, you name it, it's probably there. The wait staff within the restaurant have been superb. Very friendly gals with very efficient service for both breakfast and dinner. By the way, the coffee in the restaurant is good too.
Dinner at Dovers was nice. I recommend the Beer battered walleye strips, the Caesar salad (with shrimp), and the 9" pizza. The Mango Tango Breakfast Shake is a great snack when you want something sweet. However, I didn't enjoy the Almond Raspberry Buttercreme torte - it just didn't have a good combination of flavors.
They provide great bathrobes and on the first morning, I was making myself a cup of the fancy schmancy coffee, and accidentally spilled it all over the fancy schmancy robe. I was so disheartened, but housekeeping came up right away and exchanged it for a clean one. The housekeeping gals were very nice and accommodating.
In fact, everyone has been nice and accommodating. I honestly can't complain about anything in this hotel, except for the torte. :) But honestly, my butt doesn't need the torte anyway. If you're looking for a place that's clean, trendy and aesthetically pretty with great service, then I would recommend this place. I really enjoyed my stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place is located less than four miles west of downtown Minneapolis (near St. Louis Park) to offer you the convenient access to downtown attractions with great guest amenities you won’t find at most downtown hotels like complimentary parking, indoor heated pool and complimentary in-room wireless. The Shops at West End across from the hotel also offers great dining, shopping and entertainment outlets. A variety of function space and banquet rooms are also available for your wedding, corporate meetings, or other special events. Whatever your purpose, let us make your visit to the Minneapolis area a memorable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Low Cost Holidays, Otel and Odigeo so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Minneapolis
- Doubletree Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Doubletree
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place Saint Louis Park, MN