You added Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place to your Saves list
Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1500 Park Place Blvd, Saint Louis Park, MN 55416   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
West End Shopping
West Central Illinois
“Topnotch Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Spent the weekend here for a wedding in the middle of August. The hotel staff is wonderful, very accommodating! Rooms were clean and comfortable. The restaurant staff was extremely personable, especiall Eileen. The Hotel is close to Toby Keith's Bar & Grill and also several little shops that I can't wait to go back to, such as Hot Mama, Charming Charlie's, Apricot Lane, and others. There are also several food choices right by the hotel for patrons with children such as Burger King. The wedding reception was held here and the staff did wonderful job with that as well, the hors d'oeuvres along with the food served during the reception were absolutely wonderful~and the portions were beyond reasonable!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Korean first
Philly, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I loved the Park Place Hilton Double Tree. Sure, there was no electrical outlet in the bathroom to dry my hair. But the people were very nice and helpful. But I won't be returning for one simple reason: bad TV. I travel for business, and after driving 6-8 hours in a day I want to grab a quick dinner and go to my room to relax. That means watching television while I plan my schedule for the next day. But the TV channel lineup at Park Place was terrible--every ESPN and sports station, every news network, kids channels, but nothing for me. I like to see Style, Bravo, HSN, QVC--typical female programming, you'd say. But don't female business execs deserve to watch what they like, too? So as much as I liked the hotel, I won't be back because my evenings were nothing but work.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan W, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for the review Kathleen. I know we all appreciate a nice selection of TV channels. We are reviewing this right now and I can tell you that Bravo and Lifetime are 2 channels that we are adding to our lineup. We like to keep expanding our selections to all tastes including expanding our HD lineup as well. I appreciate the feedback and thank you again.
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Clean room. Looks like they have been updated recently. We were in a double which was tight. Bathroom also was pretty small. Good place for the price. Lobby was weird. Seems like you are almost in a basement. Other than that a good place

Aberdeen, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Very nice place, friendly staff. Great location. Just minutes from downtown, and right across street from several resteraunts, movie theatre and grocery store. Lot's of other places to eat in the near vicinity, Arby's, DQ, Carribou Coffee, etc...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, AZ, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

Only negative was a problem with fire alarms as they were changing batteries that resulted in hotel guests having to evacuate the facility for a brief period of time. Staff is very helpful and friendly and would definitely stay there again when in the area.

Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

The great thing about the hotel is that it's in a great location. It was within 20 minutes from everywhere we wanted to go so that was a plus. Also the pool and hot tub was a nice way to unwind after a long shopping day. And a 24hour fitness room is always handy and was pretty well equipped.

However, very unhelpful staff. Stayed over the weekend and asked the FD if they would be able to call us a cab. They said that they wouldn't be able to do that as it would block their phone lines so they would give us a number that we could call. I don't think a 2 minute phone call to a taxi company will hold your phone lines plus I work in a hotel, they're usually multiline phone systems so that wouldn't even be possible. Additionally, we were from out of town and weren't going to pay roaming charges just for a cab. So we had to walk down the street and stand at the corner hoping for a taxi to pass by.

There were 4 of us in the room and when we checked in not enough towels for all of us. So called down and were told to get the towels ourselves from the pool area. They were aware that 4 of us were in the room so I'm not sure why there weren't enough amenities in the first place.

Lastly, restaurant service was terrible. When we went there for breakfast there were only 2 tables eating and 4 servers. None of these servers greeted us or even offered us a seat for about 10 minutes. We were the only ones waiting to be seated and the restaurant was pretty much empty. Not very hospitable.

Again, the hotel itself is good for what it offers and where it's located. But it's not anything special when your staff really doesn't care about providing even average service to their guests. When it comes down to it, guests will come back because of great service and didn't get that from here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dan W, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear ch_winnipeg,

Thank you for the comments. I am disappointed to learn that your stay was less than spectacular. We do have a great location and normally we hear very positive things regarding our staff, I am sorry that this was not your experience.

We will continue to work to improve our offerings and levels of service so guests do not have the same experience that you had. Thank you again for your feedback.

Sincerely.
Dan Winslow
Chippewa Falls, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed there 3 nights while travelling to MN for training. The first night I slept on a bed that had either a broken down mattress or the box spring was broke. I spent the night trying not to roll to the side of the bed that was broke. I reported it and they moved me to a new room which wasn't much better but at least I wasn't consitantly waking up to have to move back to the center of the bed. Very uphappy that they would rent this room to someone in the first place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Dan W, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Doubletree for your stay while in the city on business. I do apologize that you did not have an enjoyable night sleep the first night. The problem with the bed was a bad frame which we have replaced. So "rest assured" this problem is solved. We normally receive very high praise from our many guests about the comfort of the bed. Your next stay with us I promise you will feel the same way. Thank you again for your comments!

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place? Share your experiences!