My wife and I are authors of Negotiate Anything - a first of a kind book which tracked 30-years of customer service in the U.S. and explains what has caused service to decline and what consumers can do to get their moneys worth. With that disclosure, this is my 3rd time at this hotel and my wife's first. We booked a room on the 14th floor, a private floor. We do this so that we improve our odds of having a quite, relaxed stay. There were multiple weddings during our two night stay (Fri/Sat nights). Across the hall from our room was a 'party room' with double doors. We were woken at 3 AM Friday night by paryters and had to call Sat night at 11:30. The hotel responded (on their own without us asking) with handwritten notes apologizing and automatically taking 25% off ($70 for both nights). In our book, we point out that consumers recognize that there will be problems -- its how an organization deals with it that makes the difference. The front desk service was excellent throughout our stay. The entire hotel is clean. We didn't eat any meals or have drinks. Their warm 'reception' chocklate chip cookies are outstanding (however 300+ calories!). We did notice a bit of hair stuck to the shower curtin. Overall, excellent service, nice (standard) room, free wi-fi, ample parking, resturants and movies a walk across the street. We received 4 free breakfasts and two appetizer coupons upon check in. Sadly, we were able to use them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place is located less than four miles west of downtown Minneapolis (near St. Louis Park) to offer you the convenient access to downtown attractions with great guest amenities you won’t find at most downtown hotels like complimentary parking, indoor heated pool and complimentary in-room wireless. The Shops at West End across from the hotel also offers great dining, shopping and entertainment outlets. A variety of function space and banquet rooms are also available for your wedding, corporate meetings, or other special events. Whatever your purpose, let us make your visit to the Minneapolis area a memorable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Hilton Hotels and Priceline so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Minneapolis
- Doubletree Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Doubletree
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place Saint Louis Park, MN