I stayed for Pride weekend, June 29th, and I had some interesting commentary to share about this hotel. I checked in a little after 2 and to be honest, the front desk and lobby space didn't look very inviting. It was very dark, and all three front desk people were looking down and typing away at their computers and didn't greet us. I'm not saying they were unfriendly by any means, because when it was my turn to check in, the girl who did was very friendly, and gave me a cookie. I like people who give me cookies.
I got a second floor room, and when I found it, I was a little bummed that it was right over the lobby, because I was concerned about noise, but as it turns out, I had nothing to worry about. I got a quiet night for ONCE at a hotel :-) Five stars for that.
I was also a little concerned about the cleanliness, not really of the hotel room, but for the common areas. Housekeepers were leaving room linens out on the hallway tables, which I thought looked dirty. The rooms were very nice. The view was kind of lacking. The coffee maker was really neat, and the way the TV was set up was really cool too.
I did try out the hot tub, and I have to say that the pool area is really nice, with it being open. I didn't get a chance to try out the pool because there were about 20 children in it.
The area around the hotel is kind of ritzy and I didn't know many of the stores, and its not really close to a lot of things that I knew what they were.
The highlight of my stay though was the night manager. My partner wasn't feeling good, and had an acciedent. The night manager was VERY understanding and was SO friendly. Their night manager to me, exemplified hospitality, reassuring me that everything will be okay. Five stars for him too!
All in all it was a four star trip. There were things that could be improved upon, but there were highlights that made it all worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place is located less than four miles west of downtown Minneapolis (near St. Louis Park) to offer you the convenient access to downtown attractions with great guest amenities you won’t find at most downtown hotels like complimentary parking, indoor heated pool and complimentary in-room wireless. The Shops at West End across from the hotel also offers great dining, shopping and entertainment outlets. A variety of function space and banquet rooms are also available for your wedding, corporate meetings, or other special events. Whatever your purpose, let us make your visit to the Minneapolis area a memorable experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Doubletree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree Hotel Minneapolis
- Doubletree Minneapolis
- Minneapolis Doubletree
- Doubletree By Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place Saint Louis Park, MN