“Great Happy Hour” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rojo Mexican Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 16th St & West End Blvd
Transit: Accessible by MET Council Bus lines 9, 604 and 649. Ample bike parking available.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Great Happy Hour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Really great happy hour specials with tons of food, which is great. I love the fish tacos and nachos.

Saint Louis Park, Minnesota
“Great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Rojo has a great happy hour. The margaritas are great, and the nachos are plentiful. Atmosphere is fun, and it's a great location. Food here is also very good, but a little on the expensive side.

Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
“Good Mexican”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Great atmosphere. Young/professional vibe. Great bar area. Friendly, efficient staff. Food is average

Florence, Italy
“Kind of disappointing”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Was really looking forwards to eating some good Mexican food during my stay in Mpls and visiting the West-End area, but Rojo didn't meet my expectations, unfortunately.
I came to this restaurant with my girlfriend and another couple, and by the looks of it and fro what we had heard we had our expectations quite high. The restaurant was also quite packed, so we figured it would be a good spot.
The drinks selection is quite wide, with both tequila and beer choices to satisfy anyones taste, so maybe this spot is more of a drinks place rather than dining.
We tried the queso, pork quesadilla and carne asada tacos for our meal, and we all shared. Unfortunately, everything was quite sweet, including the dipping salsa for the chips that they bring to nibble on before your entrees.
Tha atmosphere and company made the whole experience better than the dining, could be improved.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Just so so”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I so want to write a good review for this restaurant but I just can't. I have dined there twice in the last week with two different groups of friends and both experiences we're not that great. First of all, the complimentary chips and dip are excellent and a really nice to enjoy with a cocktail. Two of us had the chopped salad which was basically a bowl of greens, both of us we're digging in our bowls for something more. The salmon salad was the same thing but the salmon was actually very good and had a nice glaze on it. On my next visit we had the cheese enchilada's which tasted like a bowl of corn tortillas smothered in gooey cheese and a bland sauce. My friend had the shrimp taco's and they we're just what you would expect, nothing special at all. I will say that the waiters we're super friendly and I love the huge outdoor seating area. That being said, I would not go back again because of the high prices and the below average food. Too many other better choices out there!

• Visited August 2013