“great staff, breakfast and comfortable bed” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Free Parking
Rochester, Minnesota
“great staff, breakfast and comfortable bed”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

After another hotel cancelled our reservation. This one took us in, gave us a nice suite. Full fridge, microwave, dishwasher and decent size room. Staff was amazing and breakfast bar was always stocked. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Penn Hills
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

This hotel was rated 2 and a half stars but I would give it a 4. Friendly staff, kitchenette, automatic dishwasher and very convenient to the Shops at West End. I wish I had booked my entire stay here. I will next time.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here because the SpringHill Suites next door, where we usually stay, was full. The price was right compared to other hotels in the area. The only hesitation was that they only have a Queen size bed in the suite and we are used to a King. But it was comfortable with the same nice bedding and good pillows as SpringHill. The complimentary breakfast is not as good as SpringHill but adequate. The one benefit of TownePlace is the full kitchen, which is nice to have, even though all I made was tea. Everything was very clean and the staff are friendly and helpful. I will happily stay at either hotel again when visiting family in the area, though for overall comfort SpringHill probably has the edge.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We stayed here for a full week over Thanksgiving. We had one of the smaller suites (a Studio) but found it more than adequate, with a full size kitchen. The only drawback was that only a Queen size bed is available, they apparently don't have Kings in the Studio suites. However, one of the highlights of the stay was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Everyone we encountered at the desk was super friendly and helpful. One morning I started to make some oatmeal in the breakfast room but discovered it did not have a microwave oven. The woman at the front desk took the bowl into the staff break room and cooked it for me without my asking. It began to make the place seem a little more like a home. Everything was extremely clean and kept up. We would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011 via mobile

We spent Thanksgiving and the following Friday and Saturday here. We were impressed with how quiet it was. There is a train track just west of the building and we were on the west end of the building. We barely noticed when a train came by. We don't recall ever being awakened by one. This is also very close to 394. We didn't notice any noise from the highway.

We asked for more towels. We had them in a minute or two. The service was prompt, efficient and unobtrusive.

Plenty of parking, easy access to one of the major arteries into downtown Minneapolis, quiet location. What more could you ask for?

We would've preferred a larger bed. I tend to move around a lot in my sleep, so I kept waking my wife up.

A standard complaint with every hotel at which we've stayed: there is usually a pretty good gap under the door to the suite. This lets in light and noise from the hall. We usually get an extra towel, roll it up and cover the gap.

• Stayed November 2011
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

Wife and I stayed here on rewards points and really enjoyed everything about the hotel and immediate area. We had our usual studio suite on the Third Floor, which turned out to be "Curry Corridor" due to all the Asian Indian cooking going on in the suites! Fortunately we like Asian Indian food so no problem for us! We found our room to more excellently appointed and maintained. The area is even better as we had a great walk at Lake Calhoun and came home with $100 worth of just down the street Whole Foods cuisine that kept us and my visiting grandson well-fortified. Excellent front desk that was well-staffed for peak periods. A most satisfying visit and definitely would return.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Bedford, New Hampshire
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

As a business traveler, I really need a decent night sleep. I checked in and was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room for the $199/night (2-bedroom, 1 bath, kitchen, family room style room which looked great). At around 11:00 PM (midnight my time), I started to realize just how thin the walls were. I could easily hear everything going on around my room. Granted, I am a light sleeper, but this was rather silly. I started feeling as though I was staying in a dorm room in college. The noise went on until about 2:30 AM (3:30 AM my time). To make matters worse, at 7:45 AM, the cleaning group began knocking on my door and attempted to get in to clean my room. So much for a good night sleep.

With all of the other apartments right next door, I really have to wonder if Marriott simply purchased one of the apartment complexes and made it a hotel.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business

Been to TownePlace Suites Minneapolis West/St. Louis Park? Share your experiences!