“Like the other Crave locations, is good but not great” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Crave is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Park Place and 16th
Minneapolis, MN
“Like the other Crave locations, is good but not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

This should be a great place to go if you like sushi but your counterparts do not. There is an extensive menu of both traditional fare and sushi. The problem is the sushi is just not great. Don't get me wrong, its perfectly fine, just not great. If I were just eating sushi, I'd head across the street to Raku. I've been to this location a dozen times now and have sampled many of the other menu items. The best is probably the crab crusted filet on the dinner menu. Quite good. The bar is usually busy for happy hour and they have a nice back room for large parties. Service is usually fine.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Milwaukee
“What an interesting find - local ingredients, artfully prepared”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I went there for dinner with a business colleague, on the suggestion of the Doubletree staff and the lure of a free appetizer with the coupon they gave us. The place was very busy on a Wednesday night, always a good sign. We were seated promptly in the bar area at a high side table. The wines and beers on offer were nicely chosen, not the usual stuff, with a good mix of regions and styles represented. My colleague ordered a local IPA draft beer, and I had a nice glass of wine while we considered the menu. We started with the lamb meatballs, five succulent spheres with wedges of pita bread and sriracha chili sauce. They were offering some special entrees that benefitted local service agencies, so I ordered a mushroom meat loaf that was perfectly baked, soft and juicy, with a layer of wild mushrooms in a brown sauce. My colleague had a beef burger that was anything but ordinary, with great flavor and a toasty bun. We skipped dessert because we had plenty of food (plus a big lunch too).
It was good value overall. Though some of the entrees were priced on the higher end, we felt that it was worth the price paid. (Of course, the free appetizer helped.) Get there for happy hour if you can, when appetizers and some drinks are marked down by about half their regular price.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Big selection of the menu and ambiance make this choice a no-brainer. Brittany, our server, handled our party of ten like a pro. Cocktails were excellent, great appetizers, and most of us ordered steaks which were perfect: filet and rib-eye. Sushi choices were abundant as well. Complimentary cake and ice cream was served for the birthday gal in our party.

Visited March 2013
Colorado
“LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2013

This restaurant is one of the main drivers why I stay in St Louis Park when I travel to Minnie. The food is always good, the ambiance is casual chic and the people watching is otherworldly :)

Highly recommended

Visited March 2013
Framingham
“2 Visits, Both Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I had lunch and dinner her on my recent business visit. The staff was professional and attentive without being annoying.

It has an interesting menu, and everything from the sliders to the steak were well prepared. They also have sushi, and fun appetizer menu and happy hour.

I look forward to my next visit.

Visited February 2013