“Stayed in a standard room..” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le St. Germain Suite Hotel

Save Saved
You added Le St. Germain Suite Hotel to your Saves list
Le St. Germain Suite Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   404 West Saint Germain, Saint Cloud, MN 56301 (Formerly Radisson Suite Hotel St. Cloud)   |
Ranked #14 of 19 hotels in Saint Cloud
Sherwood Park, Canada
“Stayed in a standard room..”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

I bid on a hotel in St. Cloud on Priceline and was pleased to win this one however I received a standard room rather than a suite. It was more than I needed. Check-in went quickly and when I asked to be moved away from the elevator they were happy to do so. The elevator was a pleasant surprise - all glass. The parking garage is right next to the hotel, it could be the parking lot it's that close. For all the negative remarks the hotel takes for having negotiated a $4 rate (a bargain), I wonder why they don't include it in their room fee? Pleasant experience, clean room, great linens, professional staff - would absolutely return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Sparta, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I checked in at midnight and left at 7 am, so please take this review with a grain of salt. When I arrived, I parked in the free parking ramp. The sky walk over to the hotel was convenient and would be great for inclement weather. The person at the desk in the middle of the night was friendly and efficient during my check in. The room was huge and I wish I could have enjoyed it more. Big work desk, couch in front of one tv. The other tv was in view of the hot tub and bed. The bath room was a completely separate room in this suite. The bed was a sleep number bed and was enjoyable. Check out was quick and efficient. I'd definitely stay here again. Note for tall people. The shower head was way too low to be enjoyable

• Stayed August 2013
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We had a few groups here for a wedding this past weekend. I arrived first and others showed up the day after. We had three rooms overall. I will write a review covering our entire groups stay.

Service - Check in was acceptable, it took just 5 minutes or so. The guy at the front desk was very friendly. He couldn't speak English very well, the guy checking in before me caused the delay because he couldn't understand the young man very well, my honest opinion is put someone greeting guests at the front desk who has grasped the English language a bit better, but it is St. Cloud after all.

Bar staff was hit and miss, talking too much politics, whining too much within ear shot, talking too much about things guests honestly don't want to hear about. MSNBC on the television, seriously? It is St. Cloud though...

Rooms were serviced very well, although my brother had the penthouse suite and he got into the shower before our wedding rehearsal and their was no shampoo or soap... seriously? In a penthouse suite...

Front desk staff on Sunday said I couldn't have a 1pm checkout, so I had to lug my bag down to the bar and wait for an hour like I was in an airport. The hotel probably had 10% capacity the next day, the place was a graveyard at 1pm.

Rooms - Like I said, the rooms were decent, nothing bad to say about cleaning or beds etc. The room did have wifi, but it was the slowest on earth, so perhaps the other gentleman did have to use a ethernet. I slept just fine though...

Location - This is the important part of the review for folks. If you have business downtown or are dropping off kids to SCSU or going to a game it is ideal. Right next to convention center, bars and restaurants. However if you have a family, don't bring them here. The bar scene across the street is great for a wedding party, but party central it is. 6 cop cars my first night, right outside the hotel busting drunks. Broken windows in the hotel elevator from the partiers no doubt and the drunks can be scene from elevators and rooms facing west. So just know all this...

I would not stay again, I would stay at the other hotel next to the convention center, forget the name.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Panama City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The in room internet service is only through Ethernet, there is no wireless service. Otherwise it is like a high priced hotel at a very reasonable cost. The location is good and access is convenient. The beds are select comfort type and a bit novel but very comfortable.

Room Tip: No free breakfast like most high end hotels, but a nice in house restaurant.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Pete Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We are checking out in a few minutes. Here's what you should know. There are simply not many choices when it comes to hotels in St Cloud. This hotel is an old Radisson. It's location is right in the old downtown practically connected to the conference center. The building and amenities are in great shape. The people are super nice. The rates are appropriate. However, sound protection is awful as we found out being on the third floor with a wedding reception below us. Sleep on the plane we guess. The pillows are the worst we have ever experienced. The roman tub in the middle of the room took us back to 1975. The shower in my camper is bigger. And the sleep number bed must be the prototype first one ever made. Just know what you are getting into.

• Stayed August 2013
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I was in St Cloud for extended business and this was the preferred hotel - was given the corporate rate for a King Size Suite which was excellent. It is an older hotel but in an excellent location - I could walk everywhere in the downtown area which had some good restaurants. I did run into a problem when I ran out of cash - I tried to use my debit card at a few banks but after a few tries i was locked out. My bank was now closed for the weekend, the banks would not cash my check because I was from out of state. The hotel staff came to my rescue - drove me to WalMart where with a few purchases I could get some cash to hold me over until my bank opened again on Monday - thanks to David and Abdull!
I thought the hotel resataurant was excellent! Room was clean, bed was omfortable even though i am not a big fan of the sleep number bed. The jacuzzi in my room was just what I needed after a long day on my feet.

Room Tip: ask for an even number room - I had a view of the Mississippi river
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Molalla, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding and it was a very nice motel. The rooms were spacious with sleep number beds.The service was good but could use some improvements. The location in downtown St. Cloud was nice, I just wish we had more time to explore. My biggest complaint is when I looked out the window I looked at a line of overfilled trash cans.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Le St. Germain Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!