“Nice place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Le St. Germain Suite Hotel

You added Le St. Germain Suite Hotel to your Saves list
Le St. Germain Suite Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   404 West Saint Germain, Saint Cloud, MN 56301 (Formerly Radisson Suite Hotel St. Cloud)   |
Ranked #15 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Molalla, Oregon
“Nice place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a wedding and it was a very nice motel. The rooms were spacious with sleep number beds.The service was good but could use some improvements. The location in downtown St. Cloud was nice, I just wish we had more time to explore. My biggest complaint is when I looked out the window I looked at a line of overfilled trash cans.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have stayed at many hotels and I really hate sleep number beds..just my opinion.

This hotel is very unique which I really like since I hate the typical cookie cutter hotels. The glass elevators are really nice too see the city from 8 floors high...the best feature of hotel.

I think the management needs to make sure the rooms are cleaner. ALSO THE BEDS IN THIS HOTEL ARE TERRIBLE. I have stayed in a few rooms all beds in the rooms are sleep number. I personally do not like, but if you like sleep number you would like this place.

I do think the staff is amazing and they are trying to make this a better hotel.

My end advice is if you hate sleep number beds do not stay here..not good. Also furniture needs to be replaced but I am just a little picky. This hotel could be a really great place , it has so much potential. In my opinion if they focused more on cleaner rooms..get normal beds...update a few things...oh and please get a better breakfast. This hotel has the potential of being one of the best and unique hotels I have ever stayed in.

Good luck St Germain...I know not the best review so I am going to close with..You all do try and the service is impeccable.

• Stayed April 2013
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

After a long day on the road we were searching for a pet friendly hotel for the night. We checked our AAA book for a hotel in the area. We called from a rest stop and booked a king room for the night. Upon arrival, we were told that they were giving us an upgrade. Our room was great with a jacuzzi, king bed (with a remote to adjust the firmness on each side!), desk, jacuzzi, sofa bed and 2 TVs. For what we paid, it was a great deal. The hotel was very quiet. There were several restaurants in the immediate area but room service was available. There were additional charges for local phone calls and parking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Tubesing, Guest Relations at Le St. Germain Suite Hotel, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Margaret A,

Thank you for staying with us! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We are looking forward to your next visit!

Warm Regards,

Eden prairie
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I was in town for a healthcare conference , and had stayed at the Kelly Inn many times, so thought I would try a new place. I was allowed an early check in, and jumped in the shower since I had been traveling most the day. There were pubic hairs in the shower. Really? I quickly jumped out of the shower and knew I needed to talk to the front desk.. I brought it up to the front desk, and they apologized. After my conference I went to the bar for a drink, it was pricey..but sara the bartender was nice when I asked her where the closest liquor store was.. When I returned, I noticed my door had drippings on it.. The floor was dirty..one of my Tv's did not work, and the sleep number bed also did not work, so I slept on it at 100 ( yes, very hard) I did call down to the front desk, and they told me they would have someone up right away.. 20 mins later as nobody came up..I called down again and said forget about it..I just wanted to go to sleep. I had walleye as room service, and again ..it was just ok..

I have to say I forgot my toothbrush, and someone ran one up right away... I actually checked out a day early because it just wasn't worth it..

It really just seems that management doesn't care..and the employees are following their lead.. I did here for a bartender that the hotel was recently sold to Marriott and everyone is in flux until they know more..

Here is my honest response of my stay.. Would I stay there again ? Only if I was bar hopping and just needed a place to crash... Is it my worst hotel stay ever..no.

Hopeful Marriott will work some Magic on this rundown, historic hotel that has potential, and a little love infused in it..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Tubesing, Guest Relations at Le St. Germain Suite Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Livealoha1234,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Le St-Germain Suite Hotel. I would like to sincerely apologize for the issues that arose during your stay.

I also need to thank you for providing us feedback on how we did. Regretfully, we didn’t meet expectations. The details of your stay and positive mark that Sara our bartender earned have been brought up in our manager meetings as we work to address the issues.

Although currently we are in flux, as you have mentioned with the possible change in flag, I really do wish to let you know that we do sincerely do care. Our guests are important.

I’m regretful to hear how your stay went. However, I do hope that on your next visit to St. Cloud you do come back to see this is a rare experience at our property.

Yukon, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

Just stayed here for a short night while in town on business. When I first walked into the room I could detect a faint odor, a cross between cigarette smoke and cat urine. I only noticed it for a minute, so I'm not sure if it was my imagination, or a faint odor left over from a previous guest, and e room had been cleaned. I didn't notice it any more all night.

The room was clean, spacious, and mostly comfortable. The couch was hard as a rock and not very comfortable to sit on at all. Reading through previous reviews of the place, someone said the carpet was sticky, but I didn't notice that all. I didn't have a spectacular view, but I wasn't the for that, either. The room was quiet.

The beds are sleep numb bed, which is a strike in my book, as I think they're terribly uncomfortable no matter what setting you have them on. I ended up with 2 double beds, despite having reserved 2 queens.

There are several various restaurants in easy walking distance. They have a shuttle that doesn't start running before 9am, so if you need transportation before that, plan on a taxi. There is wireless Internet, and while I didn't have any problem with it, my coworker, in the room across the hall, said he couldn't connect all night long. We were both using iPads. Water was hot, and stayed that way. Bt the pressure did leave a little to be desired. I think I would suggest to management upgrading the shower heads from the 1950's model currently in use.

Overall not bad for the price we paid.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Wood Lake, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I enjoyed the idea of a suite with 'fridge and microwave, but the poor housekeeping left a bitter taste. Upon checking in, we noticed lint on the carpet and someone's vitamin capsule under the coffee table. There was dental floss and a very long strand of hair on the bathroom floor, which also felt sticky, and had a couple of dirty footprints on it. I reported this to the desk, and we left the room for our meeting. When we returned, the floss and one piece of hair had been removed, but that's all!--stickiness and footprints remained. The next day I was out of the room by about 9:10, returned around 10:00 and had the Do Not Disturb sign out from about 10:15 a.m. to 2 p.m., so we got no housekeeping at all that day, which I could maybe understand, except that the day after that I was dressing around 8:45 a.m. when housekeeping rattled the door knob (no knock, no announcement of their presence) but couldn't enter due to the security latch being down (thank goodness!). We got no housekeeping that day either even though I left the room by 9:30 a.m. Apparently you get one chance at housekeeping and if you're not able to allow them in at that moment, you don't get any that day? The Sleep Number bed lost air and I awoke with a back ache. Some of the furniture was chipped and shabby looking, and a piece of edging tile in the bathroom was loose. Hot water was very slow in coming to the faucets. Our room's view was 2 bars, and people exiting those places woke us up after midnight with their loud noise. Another person I know who stayed at the hotel also was awakened by the noise. Someone else in our group said their room's cleanliness was so-so. The hotel is conveniently located to the convention center and has a swimming pool, but we did not use it.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the side across from the Red Carpet Bar!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Tubesing, Guest Relations at Le St. Germain Suite Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Le St-Germain Suite Hotel. I would like to apologize for the issues you have experienced during your stay.

We are particularly proud of our housekeeping department and it is with sincere regret that we didn’t meet your expectations or ours as well.

Your comments have been shared with our housekeeping department, and they have ensured me that necessary appropriate action has taken place in regards to these issues.

I also would like to thank you for bringing attention to the issues with the sleep number bed, the wear on our furniture and the lose edging on the tile in the bathroom. We have shared your comments our maintenance department so they may be addressed.

We also will be having a complete remodel as our hotel rebrands in the near future. We hope that you will give us another chance.

Eagan, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We stayed here overnight for a wedding in the family. A municipal parking ramp is connected to the hotel, but be prepared to walk a long way to get to the hotel itself. Our room was pleasant, clean, with a nice view of St. Cloud. The wedding reception also happened to be held in the hotel, and the food was good. The hotel is within walking distance to shopping and restaurants.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Tubesing, Guest Relations at Le St. Germain Suite Hotel, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Le St-Germain Suite Hotel. We are pleased that you found your stay pleasant during families wedding. I will be excited to share with our staff your comments about your stay. However we do apologize that the sky way to the hotel and the convention center is a little bit of a walk.

We hope to have you stay with us during your next visit to St. Cloud!

Guest Relations

Been to Le St. Germain Suite Hotel? Share your experiences!