“Lot of Fun” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 19 hotels in Saint Cloud
Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Lot of Fun”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We have stayed at the Holiday Inn MANY times with a large group of people. The kids always have fun with the video games, basketball, volleyball, Face Painting and other activities.
The "Crane" games seem to be easier than at most places (kids are constantly winning)

The pool needs some help. All of the kids got rashes. I think they need to balance more than just the chlorine.

The Suites are nice, good size. The beds are pretty good but not great (I have been on MUCH worse).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites, St Cloud, MN. We are happy your children enjoyed the games, recreational areas and the Face Painting in the Activities area.

I am sorry to hear your children developed rashes during your stay. To eliminate problems related to pool chemicals, our pool maintenance staff frequently monitor chemical levels making certain chemicals are maintained within mandated guidelines. Please know that we are committed to providing a safe and comfortable recreation experience for all.

Please feel free to call me at the hotel if you have further questions or comments at 320.253.9000.

We hope you will join us again soon!

Beth A

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Broomfield, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Hotel staff accommodated a need for early arrival and make every effort to assist us in last minute Christmas dinner. They gave us room early and situated us near an open area that we could have our large family join us.

Room Tip: poolside , but not atrium.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Marge Z.,

Thank you for sharing the comments in Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn &Suites in St. Cloud, Mn. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and that we could accomodate your families dinner!

We hope to see you again next year!

Beth Adamek.
Detroit Lakes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This was not our first time staying here. We love the large pool and the large area for kids to play. The last time we stayed it was so cold and it was freezing again this time in the pool area so it wasn't a fluke. My husband doesn't think they have heat in that area. You can feel such a temperature difference when you walk from the kids zone to the large pool area. It's such a shame because the pool is so nice; a person should be able to sit out by it without having to wear winter gear. The sauna is awesome!!! The rooms are clean. They gave wrist bands this year to wear in the pool area but nobody had them on. There were large parties and lots of outside people in the pool area who took up all the tables and chairs; very crowded. I think that's what they are trying to eliminate from happening with the arm bands but it's not working. Want to stay again; really hope they get some heat near the pool!! water warmer than air!!!

Room Tip: I would get a room in kid zone instead of pool side next time (pool side is very cold)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites, St Cloud, MN. We appreciate your comments as it gives us an opportubnity to make it a better hotel for all our guests.

Please feel free to call me directly if you would like to further discuss your stay.

320.253.9000
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

One set of sheets in the room was stained with some sort of greyish stain, which for me is just not acceptable at a hotel. The one thing that should be absolutely clean are the sheets. I mean the whole point of being at a hotel is to sleep on the sheets. Other than that flaw the rest of the experience was pretty good. The only other thing was that there are no really quite areas to go in this hotel so if you're looking for a quiet hotel don't go here. Also, you can smell the chlorine from the pools as soon as you step out of your room, which isn't really the hotels fault because whoever built the hotel didn't build anything to enclose the pools so you can always smell it.

• Stayed November 2012
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feed back. Please feel free to contact me at the number below if you would like to further discuss your stay.

Holiday Inn & Suites
St Cloud, MN
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently stayed at the H.I St. Cloud while on business. I've stayed here several times in the last year. This is a large hotel with many rooms and some long walks to the lobby. Had a bad stay over a year ago in the larger 'Suites' due to the strong smell of bug spray. However, last several stays near the pool in the older part of the hotel has been very good. Rooms are clean, bathrooms - while small, are decent with good showers. Nice TV's with many choices. Not a huge fan of the attached bar but will say the staff is always nice. Breakfast staff is nice as well but their menu is a tad pricier than other full service H.I's. ie "best 4Value Breakfast"

All that said.... there are many lodging choices in St. Cloud and in close proximity to this H.I. At under a $100, I'd consider this H.I a good pick. Pool area (aka Holidome) is large and clean. Location is great with many dining establishments close and even within close proximity.

If you have Kids looking for a nice place to stay, I'd recommend here.

Room Tip: Prefer standard rooms poolside closer to the lobby.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, November 19, 2012
Thank you for reveiwing your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and glad you had a good stay.

Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions.

Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I needed a place to stay while visiting a nearby college. I found the room to be clean, nicely decorated and plenty of room. Check-in was quick and friendly. Though I didn't use any activity areas there was an abundance of them. This would be an excellent hotel to bring your family for a weekend. The volleyball courts were awesome!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the St Cloud Holiday Inn and Suites after your recent stay. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay and the amenities we offer. Come back and see us again sometime!

Rochester, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this Inn while in St. Cloud for a wedding. The reception for the wedding was at the Le St. Germain hotel which I passed over staying at in favor of the Holiday Inn since I've experienced amazing Holiday Inn's in the recent past. Unfortunately, I did not find this HI to be of the same quality as others. The "queen" bed seemed much smaller than a normal queen and was smaller than our queen bed at home. The bed was also very hard and lumpy. The "high speed" internet was reminiscent of the days I had dial-up internet. And the decor, modeling and layout of the HI was definitely dated. It was also loud as we could hear every word of people passing by our door at all hours of the night. The curtain in our room wouldn't close completely and the parking lot light was blaring into our room - my wife has light sensitivities so this wasn't good. Last, the staff was unresponsive to my requests for help on any of these matters. I did follow-up with the Inn after my stay and found the follow-up response from their customer service department to be excellent. They seemed to really hear my concerns and said they would address these issues.

Room Tip: This hotel is located on one of the busiest intersections in St. Cloud. Try to get a room on the opp...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
bethadamek, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
I am so sorry your recent stay at the Holiday Inn & Suites, St. Cloud, was not what you expected from the Holiday Inn brand, Our goal is for all our guests to have an enjoyable stay at our hotel.

Please feel free to contact me directly should you still have comments or concerns.

Guest Services Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites St. Cloud? Share your experiences!