“Delicious and MSG free!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 142 Restaurants in Saint Cloud
Cuisines: Indian
Waite Park, Minnesota
“Delicious and MSG free!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

I love a good restaurant but I have allergies to MSG (monosodium glutamate) and unfortunately it is very hard to find a restaurant that does not put that in their food. I found a little slice of heaven when I tried this place when they opened up and have been coming repeatedly ever since. I typically recommend you try the lunch buffet so you know what you like and what you don't. However I do the lunch buffet because I like it all! :) They put out a nice spread and it changes daily. It all tastes unbelievably fresh and hearty. They use meat in a lot of the dishes which is refreshing since I am not big on tofu. In a town with few authentic ethnic restaurants this place tops the charts and I dare say is even better than taste of India in the Twin Cities.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

San Rafael de Escazu, Costa Rica
“So tasty!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

I live out of the country, and anytime I find myself back in St. Cloud, Minnesota there are two restaurants I have to eat at, Star of India and the White Horse Tavern. Pleasantly surprised they're ranked #1 & #2 in trip advisor for St. Cloud, MN! The lunch buffet is a great deal and it is so delicious. They change up the options day by day, but I'm always happy with it!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Awesome for St Cloud!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

One of the only authentic cuisines around! Sublime and they even deliver! This is my family's favorite eatery. Fast and excellent service too.

Mitchell, SD
“Great food and experience ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Had a great meal. Had never had India food before, but the waiter was extremely helpful and steered us in the right direction. Food was all very good and the staff was great.

“Flavorful food, excellent service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

Agree with dinners who praise the quality of the food. The dishes we sampled had wonderful flavor profiles. As travelers with a dog we chose the buffet option and ate outside the restaurant. The wait staff was very helpful- one waiter, seeing us eating outside, brought us hot naan, water, utensils and napkins and chatted with us. If ever I travel this way again I'll plan on stopping by.

Visited June 2014