“Quite cozy” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Manitoba
“Quite cozy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Walked in from a snowstorm to a roaring fire in the lobby - the rest of the stay was just as cozy.

Room was large. Bed was comfy but duvet cover was questionable. Husband enjoyed the small but fine exercise room. Morning breakfast was standard.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Richfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We spent two week-end nights at this hotel for our annual cousin's reunion and it was great! We were especially impressed with the front desk staff and the breakfast staff. They were definitely there to please their guests and offer whatever services they could. Also, the rooms were very nice, large, clean and quiet. Breakfast was good and hot and cold foods were available. A big plus was that there was plenty of room for us to hang out as a group so we could play cards and board games and bring in our snacks. The staff made sure coffee was always ready for us. All of us agreed we would definitely stay there again. In addition, it was near good restaurants and plenty of shopping.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Red Lake Falls, MN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went here as our daughter had a dance show for Just for Kix. Was a very nice hotel. We were on the third floor in the corner which was perfect as we didn't have people on both sides of us.
Our daughter and her friend enjoyed the pool. Hottub needs the jets fixed but otherwise was ok. Could use more seating in the pool area. Elevator was funky but worked fine. Took the stairs most of the time. Room was clean and big. Fresh cookies at the desk was great. Also all day coffee, tea and cocoa was also a nice touch. Loved that breakfast had hot options and real dishes. Waffle maker needs the timer fixed but other than that it was great. Want to thank Zack at the front desk what an amazing young man. He was extra helpful with directions and always in a great mood. Pillows were too soft so would recommend one firmer and one soft. Excellent fitness room. Only had one treadmill and bike but they were top of the line so worked wonderfully.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of hotel as they are quieter. Close to all kinds of restaurants but...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I will write this step by step of our one night stay.
1. Front desk gentlemen very friendly and quick check in. A+
2.when we got to our room greeting us on the outside of the door was a plunger. F
3. The room. Small in size. Table looked like a dog chewed on the sides. The chair back was broken. The nightstand had scratched and dents. Beds are very small and hard. Very small and uncomfortable pillows. Only get a sheet and bed covering, no blanket. C-
4. Bathroom. Small. Hair in tub. Shower head was very powerful. Water did not drain properly so ended up standing in water while showering. D
5. Pool area. Small. Broken tiles. Hot tub temp and pressure wa good. C

• Stayed April 2013
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This CI and S is not up to par. The pool area has multiple broken tiles, missing grout, and mold areas especially around vents. The water in the hot tub was actually brown, so we opted to only use the pool. The pool appeared clean and the water temp was comfortable.

The rooms were clean, bedding average, and good bathroom space.

Our favorite part of this hotel was the breakfast - good selection, but limited seating. The worker in the this area was friendly, talkative, and on top of any request asked of her.

We had stayed here with a larger group in town for a basketball tournament, but would not choose this hotel next time around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites St. Cloud West, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We apologize that the pool was not in better repair during your stay and that the hot tub was in such a state as to not encourage its use. We have taken note of all your comments and made hotel management aware. It was noce to hear that breakfast was enjoyable for you and the attendant was able to readily anticipate your needs. Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review and provide your valuable feedback.

~Deanna
Hastings, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was going to write this review months ago and time just got the best of me. I was staying here back in October for a Maintenance Expo for work. I was a vender there and had to be at the Expo early, I set my phone alarm which didn't wake me up. My co-worker that was with me called and woke me when we were suppose to leave. I needed time to get ready and he needed to be there to set up. There was no shuttle service to get me to where I needed to be. Mary from the front desk said her shift ended at 7:00am and she could stay till 7:30am to give me a ride. When I got down to the front desk Mary was waiting for me and even packed me a breakfast of granola bars, apples and cookies. She wouldn't except any money and acted like it was no big deal. It was a big deal for me and my co-worker. It helped us out tremendously! Again I want to thank you Mary for being so kind and taking the time to help me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jackie K, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites St. Cloud West, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I'm so glad Mary was able to help you out. Sure hope your day turned around after that hectic start! We look forward to your next stay with us.
St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

When we were checking in the staff were so helpful and accommodating.Telling us about the amneties of the hotel, as well as restaurants and which ones they liked the best.Found us a corkscrew so we could enjoy our wine.In the morning the breakfast was one of the best we had during our trip The lady who was monitoring the kitchen was great.When we checkedout in the a.m. we were giving a travel pack of water,apple,bar.WHAT A NICE TOUCH

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Country Inn & Suites St. Cloud West? Share your experiences!