“Nice get away!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 19 hotels in Saint Cloud
Red Lake Falls, MN
“Nice get away!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Went here as our daughter had a dance show for Just for Kix. Was a very nice hotel. We were on the third floor in the corner which was perfect as we didn't have people on both sides of us.
Our daughter and her friend enjoyed the pool. Hottub needs the jets fixed but otherwise was ok. Could use more seating in the pool area. Elevator was funky but worked fine. Took the stairs most of the time. Room was clean and big. Fresh cookies at the desk was great. Also all day coffee, tea and cocoa was also a nice touch. Loved that breakfast had hot options and real dishes. Waffle maker needs the timer fixed but other than that it was great. Want to thank Zack at the front desk what an amazing young man. He was extra helpful with directions and always in a great mood. Pillows were too soft so would recommend one firmer and one soft. Excellent fitness room. Only had one treadmill and bike but they were top of the line so worked wonderfully.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of hotel as they are quieter. Close to all kinds of restaurants but...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

61 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

I will write this step by step of our one night stay.
1. Front desk gentlemen very friendly and quick check in. A+
2.when we got to our room greeting us on the outside of the door was a plunger. F
3. The room. Small in size. Table looked like a dog chewed on the sides. The chair back was broken. The nightstand had scratched and dents. Beds are very small and hard. Very small and uncomfortable pillows. Only get a sheet and bed covering, no blanket. C-
4. Bathroom. Small. Hair in tub. Shower head was very powerful. Water did not drain properly so ended up standing in water while showering. D
5. Pool area. Small. Broken tiles. Hot tub temp and pressure wa good. C

• Stayed April 2013
Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

This CI and S is not up to par. The pool area has multiple broken tiles, missing grout, and mold areas especially around vents. The water in the hot tub was actually brown, so we opted to only use the pool. The pool appeared clean and the water temp was comfortable.

The rooms were clean, bedding average, and good bathroom space.

Our favorite part of this hotel was the breakfast - good selection, but limited seating. The worker in the this area was friendly, talkative, and on top of any request asked of her.

We had stayed here with a larger group in town for a basketball tournament, but would not choose this hotel next time around.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Country Inn & Suites St. Cloud West, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
We apologize that the pool was not in better repair during your stay and that the hot tub was in such a state as to not encourage its use. We have taken note of all your comments and made hotel management aware. It was noce to hear that breakfast was enjoyable for you and the attendant was able to readily anticipate your needs. Thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review and provide your valuable feedback.

~Deanna
Hastings, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was going to write this review months ago and time just got the best of me. I was staying here back in October for a Maintenance Expo for work. I was a vender there and had to be at the Expo early, I set my phone alarm which didn't wake me up. My co-worker that was with me called and woke me when we were suppose to leave. I needed time to get ready and he needed to be there to set up. There was no shuttle service to get me to where I needed to be. Mary from the front desk said her shift ended at 7:00am and she could stay till 7:30am to give me a ride. When I got down to the front desk Mary was waiting for me and even packed me a breakfast of granola bars, apples and cookies. She wouldn't except any money and acted like it was no big deal. It was a big deal for me and my co-worker. It helped us out tremendously! Again I want to thank you Mary for being so kind and taking the time to help me.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Jackie K, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites St. Cloud West, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
I'm so glad Mary was able to help you out. Sure hope your day turned around after that hectic start! We look forward to your next stay with us.
St. Albert, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

When we were checking in the staff were so helpful and accommodating.Telling us about the amneties of the hotel, as well as restaurants and which ones they liked the best.Found us a corkscrew so we could enjoy our wine.In the morning the breakfast was one of the best we had during our trip The lady who was monitoring the kitchen was great.When we checkedout in the a.m. we were giving a travel pack of water,apple,bar.WHAT A NICE TOUCH

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Columbia MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed at this motel over Thanksgiving weekend 2012, and were very pleased with the staff and breakfast. We typically stay at CI&S when we travel, and this seemed to be a scaled-down model of the usual floor plans (the sign at the check in counter states this is an 'independently owned and operated with a license from CI&S'). The pool and hot tub seemed small. We did use both on Thanksgiving and there was only one other family so it was not a problem, but should this be a highly traveled weekend it would be too crowded. We did use the ice machine because we did not have a fridge in the room; the vending machines are only available on the first floor (we were on the third floor).
The night manager, I believe her name is Jackie, is wonderful! We really only interacted with her since we were in St. Cloud to attend a family member having surgery and we were out every day.
Breakfast was typical for CI&S but they did serve salsa (great on eggs) and an unsweetened fruit medley (we had a raspberry mix) and that was ideal! If you get a chance to stay, try a bagel with cream cheese and the mixed fruit medley...yum!! We asked about the fruit and were very nicely informed where to obtain, and that they have received many compliments on it. I agree.
Close to St. Cloud main roads, easy on and off. We will stay again when we're in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Minnesota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

I had a very restfull night at the Country Inn & Suites in St. Cloud. The check in person was very friendly and accommodating. There was a lovely bag of goodies waiting for me in my room. I had the pool to myself, and it was a nice warm temperature. Often, I don't go into pools because they are too cold, but this was perfect. I loved that it was open 24 hours, as I like to swim late at night. I enjoyed the whirlpool tub in my suite. The room was clean and QUIET, which is important to me, as I am a light sleeper.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your time at the hotel. Next time you are in the St. Cloud area make sure to stay with us and take advantage of the pool!

Been to Country Inn & Suites St. Cloud West? Share your experiences!