“What a great haven” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Anchorage, Alaska
“What a great haven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

After two days on the road, their hot tub was a blessing, with powerful jets and a clean pool area. The room itself wasn't fancy but it was clean, nice, and super comfortable. The bed was absolutely wonderful--I slept so well that I didn't want to leave. Great pillows and a perfect mattress: not too soft, definitely not too hard (though my partner prefers a harder mattress). The continental breakfast was a little nicer than most, with eggs, sausage, gravy, oatmeal, along with the normal cereals, breads, and waffles. The staff was also attentive and pleasant. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Pierre, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Very helpful and friendly staff. The hotel was very welcoming from when we walked in. EXCELLENT breakfast, pool area. The rooms are adequate, clean and the beds are mid grade quality.The only down side in the room was they have 3 pillows per bed. I asked for extra pillows and we were told that they were out. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

My brother and I go to Country Inn about every 5 weeks for rest and visiting family.
We have always been very satisfied with everything including room, food, atmosphere and the staff. Especially Jackie, Brenda, Samantha and Mary. We have come to know them as friends.
They all make our stay very enjoyable.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Lawson
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

They put us in a room above the pool area - it was so noisy and hot! In Feb had to use the A/C and have the windows open (and deal with that noise too) to cool the room. The staff didn't do anything about the noise until we complained several times.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Marshall, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

My wife and I went to this Country Inn and Suites for a one night get away. We chose this one for the rate we got and that we were able to upgrade for extra. Everything was fine with the whirlpool king we had until we tried to use it. It didn't work, but Nicole was able to make it right on our bill. I feel she went above and beyond to make a 3 star review into a 5 star one. For those of you that are worried that this hotel needs to be renovated, they already began the process, so it should be done soon enough. I will definitely stay here again when I come to St Cloud. This very likely be my hotel for every trip.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

The biggest draw to this hotel for me is that the pool and hot tub area is available to adults on a 24 hour a day basis. I like being able to sit in the hot tub with no younger kids around. I have stayed here before several years ago. I was back in the area over Thanksgiving week-end. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, breakfast selection ample. It is located very close to major roads and shopping.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bemidji
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We have stayed at this particular Country Inn & Suites several times over the past few years. This is the first time we have seen signs of wear. In particular the bathroom fixtures looked worn and the bathtub could have been cleaner. I rated it a "2", which stands for "poor" but I would rather say it was below what I would expect. It isn't like we would not stay a this place again, but it was always one of the best Country Inn and it is a shame to see it sliding. Beds were comfortable, continental breakfast was what we expected.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites St. Cloud West? Share your experiences!