“The Staff makes the differance” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Saint Cloud
Marshall, Minnesota
“The Staff makes the differance”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

My wife and I went to this Country Inn and Suites for a one night get away. We chose this one for the rate we got and that we were able to upgrade for extra. Everything was fine with the whirlpool king we had until we tried to use it. It didn't work, but Nicole was able to make it right on our bill. I feel she went above and beyond to make a 3 star review into a 5 star one. For those of you that are worried that this hotel needs to be renovated, they already began the process, so it should be done soon enough. I will definitely stay here again when I come to St Cloud. This very likely be my hotel for every trip.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
North Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

The biggest draw to this hotel for me is that the pool and hot tub area is available to adults on a 24 hour a day basis. I like being able to sit in the hot tub with no younger kids around. I have stayed here before several years ago. I was back in the area over Thanksgiving week-end. The staff was friendly, the room was clean, breakfast selection ample. It is located very close to major roads and shopping.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Bemidji
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2011

We have stayed at this particular Country Inn & Suites several times over the past few years. This is the first time we have seen signs of wear. In particular the bathroom fixtures looked worn and the bathtub could have been cleaner. I rated it a "2", which stands for "poor" but I would rather say it was below what I would expect. It isn't like we would not stay a this place again, but it was always one of the best Country Inn and it is a shame to see it sliding. Beds were comfortable, continental breakfast was what we expected.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Alaska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

Room was clean, had a fridge and microwave which was handy. Front desk staff was friendly. Breakfast was very simple but well attended by the staff.
The room had 2 tv's and at one point in the night we could hear the TV from the room next door but only for a few minutes. Otherwise it was very quiet and we stayed for two nights. The air conditioner was somewhat noisy and cycled on and off alot. The noise was good background noise for sleeping when it was running but some light sleepers might find it annoying.
The elevators were not in an air-conditioned area which seemed strange. Since we were staying on the third floor and it was 90 degrees out and very humid it was awkward to switch from the temperature controlled to the non- temperature controlled and then back again.
Shopping was close by also.

Room Tip: Room Rates vary depending upon season.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I always stay at the Country Inn & Suites-St. Cloud whenever I am in the area for overnight reasons. My parents started staying at this hotel during my college years at SJU, and I am now doing a similiar thing.

The hotel has three floors: first two floors are your standard hotel rooms, while the third floor is primarily suites. The standardized hotel rooms and bathrooms are spacious. The suites are smaller than one you might find at a Doubletree or Embassy Suites, but big enough to serve its purpose.

There is a decent size pool/hot tub on the first floor, along with a small exercise room nearby. I always take advantage of the pool when staying here.

The breakfast has a good variety: Cereal, eggs, make your own waffle, toast/bagels, yogurt, etc.

All in all, Country Inn & Suites-St. Clouds makes me feel at home. There are not that many bells and whistles to talk about, but to me, it does not matter...the quality service speaks for itself.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Wake Forest, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2011

I stay at a lot of hotels for business. This one is in need of a little TLC. The staff wasn't the most pleasant I've encountered and the room was just OK. It felt in need of some make-overs. The bed was comfortable.

If you're traveling for business, I don't think I would choose this one - no desks and a tad slow wifi connection.

It is convenient to a lot of restaurants and strip malls.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

We found this hotel to be very comfortable, clean and quiet. The staff were polite and caring. A good night sleep with no problems. Breakfast was adequate and not crowded. We would recommend this one to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Country Inn & Suites St. Cloud West? Share your experiences!