“Unique” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Saint Cloud, Minnesota, United States
“Unique”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

This is an unusual scene in St Cloud. It's bustling with activity and they have a very unique menu with different types of foods to try. Everything I've eaten at the White Horse has been very good. Get tehre early because seating is limited.

Visited September 2012

Minnesota
“Great Atmosphere and Loved the Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I decided to have a late lunch on a Sunday afternoon at the White Horse. It was our first time there and we were pleasantly surprised. I wouldn't consider it high scale dining but I wasn't looking for it. Even though the food wasn't rushed out, we were okay with it as we were just looking to spend some time enjoying a beer and conversation. It was very comfortable with football on the TVs and a great lunch menu. My husband had the German Burger and I had the Thai Burger with a cup of Chicken Chili. Everything tasted great. We plan go back there to try their dinner menu, which I understand has unique options! I would spend a Sunday afternoon at the White Horse again!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mendota, Illinois
“Great Place in the Granite City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

A trip to the White Horse is always a fairly safe bet for quality food, unique menu choices and good atmosphere. This place is a bar but don't he fooled by the surrounding as the menu choices go well beyond the usual burgers and fried things. Plus, you can never go wrong with a place that has free popcorn and peanuts. Only complaint would be the cost of the beer at times, but don't let this deter your decision to visit since I am a cheapskate much of the time.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Not Impressed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This place in no way lives up to the hype. I will give it that most of the food on the menu is good but that's about it. The service is slow, the waitresses know nothing about the 6 or 7 craft beers that are on tap. The place is noisy. In the middle of our meal we were asked to move to a different table so that another party could have our table, that is extremely rude and unacceptable. These people don't have a clue what good restaurant service is supposed to be.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
michigan
“What a surprise!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Don't be turned away by the exterior or the atmosphere inside. Because what appears to be a run of the mill bar turns out to be a gem of a restaurant in Saint Cloud, MN. Every foodie in small town America wishes that they had a small eatery like this that appreciates fresh ingredients and a diverse menu featuring everything from a garlic steak to Indian, Mexican and Vietnamese cuisine. The staff is very friendly and really embodies the "Minnesota nice" behavior that you may or may not have heard of. I only spent 4 night in Saint Cloud and tried 3 restaurants in that time (twice dining at White Horse) so I would have a hard time saying its the best in town, but based on what I observed i. Town I would find it hard to believe there are any better.