“Okay...” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
St. Cloud, MN
“Okay...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Went here for a family birthday meal. I do like that on your birthday you get a free meal (with another paid meal) and a free fried ice cream treat that's big enough to share with all.
Waitress was extremely friendly. I'm not a big fan of mexican food, so I ordered a hamburger. Waitress got a chuckle out of that and asked why I would order a burger in a mexican restaurant. I should've said "because I had your tacos before and didn't like them". LOL. Anyway, you get chips and salsa as an appetizer. Chips are bland but the salsa has some kick. At least for me, I like very mild....kids and hubby liked it though.
Among us was an order for 2 Durangos, a taco salad and my hamburger. Everyone liked the taste of their food. My hamburger was okay. Nothing special. Fries were okay too. Like I said, I had their tacos one other time, and I'll be honest...I preferred Taco Bell's tacos. (sorry)
When my daughter got her meal, it was wrong. Chicken instead of steak in her burrito, or whatever her Durango consisted of. Waitress just laughed and said it was funny, but also apologized and brought the plate back to get a new order. The new order came pretty quick, so that was nice. But no apologies offered really, and no discount on the meal. Of course, we didn't ask either.
The atmosphere is great and the outdoor seating is really nice.
I would probably never come back if it wasn't for my husband wanting to come here for his birthday. Others like it, it's just not for me.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Maple Grove, Minnesota
“Disappointed, looking for authentic mexican didn't find it here.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I tried the tamales but they were small and tasteless. I have had better. The chip's they gave you as appetizers looked like old Dutch brand and the salsa looked like pureed tomato sauce not fresh made.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Minnesota
“An absolute on your birthday - its free!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Haven't missed a family birthday here in years. Good solid Mexican food and and a fair price. The atmosphere is always upbeat. Its in a great location for keeping the party going after dinner is done in downtown. Newly added outdoor seating is great in the summer.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Saint Cloud, Minnesota
“Great for a quick meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We love going to The Mexican Village. Their service is fast, the staff is friendly and the quality of food is good for the dollar value. Family friendly atmosphere. Definitely at staple in our family.

Visited January 2014
St.Cloud
“Americanized.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

This place has very Americanized Mexican food. I got the chimichangas and it tasted like turkey with gravy.. Not want I want to experience when looking for good Mexican food. You are better off just grabbing a margarita, some chips and then moving on.