“Outstanding Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Roseville - St Paul

You added Holiday Inn Express Roseville - St Paul to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Roseville - St Paul
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2715 Long Lake Rd, Roseville, MN 55113 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
Texas
“Outstanding Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

I read the reviews and I was a little concerned but this HIE is close to the Minnesota State Fairgrounds and we were attending the BMW MOA Rally and wanted to be close.
The customer service is outstanding. Monica and Rachel took care of our room needs quickly and efficiently. The housekeeping staff did a great job with our room and were very friendly. The breakfast was good and the server kept the buffet filled and tidy.
I do not know why there was a concern about the highway. It is far enough away, it was not a problem. We were not bothered by the bakery either, and it sure did smell good. It is not in an industrial area, as one review stated, but in a business area which made it even quieter at night.
Now the place can use some updating, which would make it even better.

Room Tip: If you are worried about road noise, ask for an upper floor and towards the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Overall this hotel is clean but feels a bit dated compared with some of the more up to date HIE properties. It is located in an industrial area, so if you are not renting a car there are few walkable options; the hotel has a restaurant shuttle, but we did not make use of it so we can't give that a rating.

We had two issues during our stay. First, the internet is not up to the task of all users being online at the same time. During what I assume are peak periods (morning and evening) the internet would give the message of "no more sessions are available". When I called the front desk I was told that things would be fixed the next morning; two days in a row calling the front desk made me realize that the "next morning" line was probably just the stock answer.

Which brings us to the next issue. At this property there are three laundry rooms. During my first use of one of these rooms, the machine which dispenses the washing powder took my money but failed to dispense the packet of washing powder. When I went to the front desk, I explained what had just happened, and after grumbling for a moment, I was handed a one dollar note along with a look which said, in no uncertain terms, "go away". Being armed with only a one dollar note was a problem since the washers, dryers, and supply dispensers only take quarters. When I asked for quarters instead, Zack at the front desk rolled his eyes and said "maybe". Upon looking in the drawer he mumbled that I was "in luck" and he could give me quarters after all. All which making me feel like I was causing him a great inconvenience.

I was so put off by this behavior, this opposite of customer service, that the next time that we needed to change a dollar (it turns out, to wash and dry a load, together with buying soap, you'll need the better part of five dollars; I don't normally pack that much to take along), I asked my wife to go instead. Upon returning, my wife also made comment about how the guy at the front desk made her feel like she was inconveniencing him. So it's not just me.

I addressed these issues in feedback to HIE management but they have not responded. Customer service will make or break an experience at a hotel and in this case we were definitely put off by an attitude that did not convey that we as customers were important. These rooms cost us more than one hundred and fifty per night, or a little over one thousand dollars for the six nights that we stayed here. I just did not feel that we received our money's worth.

The next time we come to Minneapolis we will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville - St Paul, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Dear mikediliberto,

Thank you for sharing your experience online. Your feedback regarding the cleanliness of the hotel is very much appreciated. On the other hand, it is very troubling to read that your experience regarding the laundry facility, internet connectivity, and level of service received did not make for an exemplary hotel stay. We apologize for the inconvenience these aspects have caused.

I will certainly discuss your comments with our managers and will take action to rectify this. I do hope that we can welcome you back and restore your faith in our beautiful hotel.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here for a week for business. Hotel staff was very friendly. Amenities met all of my needs and expectations. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The breakfast was very good and a good start to a busy day.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

This meets the normal standard of HIE although it is becoming a little dated. However the staff are friendly, helpful and the rooms are very clean. A pretty industrial setting but good restaurants near by. Wireless internet is poor and the price is quite high.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Monica R, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Roseville - St Paul, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Hi SPD2014,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us feedback. We appreciate all comments.

I am very pleased to hear the friendly comments about our staff and the cleanliness of our rooms. I am sorry to hear the internet service was poor. We are currently in the process of updating our internet provider to provide all of our guests with much faster speeds.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Surprise, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

we needed a wheelchair accessible room for a night, the room was okay, had a king bed with accessible bathroom but had a tub and the toilet was the right height but there was no grab bar on any side of toilet, it is a older building so space it tight in room, the door the the room was extra heavy no room to wiggle to open door

the front desk associates did say they will be remodeling later this year

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Monica R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville - St Paul, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Hi Wayners_11,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We always appreciate the feedback to help us improve.

I am sorry to hear you had difficulties maneuvering around our room in a wheelchair. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. I can assure you, with our upcoming remodeling one focus will be on the accessibility of our handicap rooms.

Thank you again for your comments and we hope to better serve you in the future.
Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Industrial location, but easy to get downtown Minneapolis. Bathroom needed some work/updating. Good parking. The staff was good...however I was charged $10 more than my reservation said, but I called and they made it right. Very consistant stay at a HIE property. Overall....OK experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Monica R, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Roseville - St Paul, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear Castanza0,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback on your recent stay. We take all of our comments seriously and strive to provide a great experience each time.

We’re sorry for any inconvenience you experienced with our bathroom facilities and the incorrect charge on your bill. We are happy to hear we were able to immediately help you with the latter.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts, and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed two nights to attend a meeting at the St. Paul campus. The staff at the front desk was very welcoming and helpful. The hotel and the room were both very nice; the quality you would expect from HI Express. The breakfast is typical too, with biscuits and gravy, cinnamon rolls, etc. I liked the fact that I could get a cup of hot decaf tea in the evening. Little thing but nice.

My only complaint: there is an industrial bakery right next door to the hotel. It smells great, but there are semi trucks rolling in and out of there all night long. If you are not a heavy sleeper, you are not going to be happy if you have a room on that side of the building. I was so tired when I arrived that I didn't ask to change rooms. If I stayed at this hotel again--and I definitely would--I would ask not to be given a room on the bakery side.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Roseville - St Paul? Share your experiences!