“Clean , affordable and friendly.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Roseville MN

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Roseville MN to your Saves list
Super 8 Roseville MN
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2401 Prior Ave N, I-35 W & Hwy 36, Roseville, MN 55113 (Formerly Super 8 Roseville / St Paul)   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Roseville
Toronto, Canada
“Clean , affordable and friendly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Hotel was clean and staff was very helpful, We stayed in room no 245.which was comfortable. No regrets.. Check in and check out was done professionaly. Driver who picked me up from greyhound bus station was good too,

Room Tip: Rooms on the second level we stayed was good.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
super8roseville7, Manager at Super 8 Roseville MN, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post such kind words. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Such words encourage us to keep up the hard work to keep up to our standards and make sure our guests enjoy the most from their stay.

Thank You again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again!

Chuck.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

We were there with our sons and family's we were totally 10 of us. We had a great time and the breakfast was fantastic.The only complaint is pillows were flat and uncomfortable.certainly a great room for such price

• Stayed July 2014
super8roseville7, General Manager at Super 8 Roseville MN, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to post such kind words. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Such words encourage us to keep up the hard work to keep up to our standards so our guests get the maximum value for their money.

Thank You again for your feedback and we hope to serve you again!

Chuck.
Reading, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We decided to go to the back to the 50's show on our way back to Pennsylvania from the L.A.
Roadster show. We had traveled cross country for over 2 weeks and spent every night in hotels. The most we had paid previously to this stay anywhere was in Ontario California at a Fairfield Inn with a full hot breakfast and that was 79.99 per night. When I called to make the reservation in St. Paul, (last minute and the only place with rooms for a reason) I was quoted 129.99 per night. When I asked about AAA or AARP I was told they would not give a discount due to an event in town. Later they said 119.99 since I booked for 2 nights. Upon arrival I learned that they are changing over to another hotel name and that my Wyndham Rewards would not be honored. As I was checking in a line of unhappy guest were making complaints about airconditioning, door locks, etc. I checked into my room and after about 15 minutes had a mouse run infront of my feet. Notified the front desk and they came up with 2 sticky mouse traps telling me they have never had this problem and the mouse must have come in someones luggage. The gentleman that came to the room screamed and ran out with the traps still in hand when the mouse ran back across the room and out the hallway door. Kept the traps and told us to put a towel or something under the door to keep it out. Never came back!!!! Later that evening while congregating in the parking lot with other street rodders another gentleman said he had a mouse in his room 2 nights before. This was the worst and most expensive hotel on our previously great trip. Will never go back!!! Was a total turn off for the weekend!!! At check out I asked to be compensated and was given the guest services number. I am in the process of writing the company that owns the hotel. The board of health for St. Paul that says they inspect the hotel as well as AAA!! Did not even think of eating the breakfast. That raisin bran may have been cornflakes the day before!!! Place is DISGUSTING!!
Reputation of drug addicts and prostitutes frequenting according to the wait staff at nearby resturant.

Room Tip: Beware don't DARE!!!!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

I apologize for the inconvenience you had during your stay. We have investigated further into this matter and have taken care of this issue. Once again thank you for bringing this to our attention. If there's anything better we could do for you, feel free to contact us via phone at 651-636-8888 or email us at super8.roseville@live.com.
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

By far the worst ever hotel I have seen. Check in was a nightmare, got charged 4 times for my room. Window was broke and wide open on the extremely rainy day, needeless to say the floor and bed were wet. Fridge was so dirty and grimey, the desk chair was on the bed, the shower was dirty. Decided since we had 6 kids with both parties staying to try the pool. There were things, (looked like semen) floating in the pool. That was it, checked out immediately, found a Hilton right down the road for only $5 more and was the most amazing experience ever there. Never again will I stay at a Super 8, and for $100 a night, what a JOKE!! I have pictures if anyone doesnt beleive me.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ann Arbor, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

this place really needs some work. Alright location and friendly enough staff but there were so many gross things going on here. Cigarette butts in the elevator, crackers just like crushed into the carpet in the stairwell and hallway, musty smokey smell. The refrigerator in our room looked like somebody had tried to break into it with a crowbar. At one point I dropped the tv remote behind the bed and there were USED QTIPS on the floor. Just gross. At one point we tried to call down for a couple more towels and the phone didn't work and the outlet I tried to charge my phone with was also out of commission. I would have tried to stay somewhere else but I had prepaid online and didn't have the time with family events going on during the day. To top it all off when I got home I contacted Super 8 to let them know about my issues and they told me this hotel isn't even affiliated with the company anymore (even though there is still a huge Super 8 sign on the building). Very confusing and not a great experience.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincere apologies about your stay experience. We strive hard to make sure we are keeping up to our standards and as a part of that, we will investigate further into this matter. In addition, we may contact you to offer the best possible solution. If you need to provide any additional information regarding the same, feel free to contact me via email to super8.roseville@live.com or call us at 651-636-8888.

Thank You again for taking time to bring this matter to our attention.
Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed here 1 night. I rate this place a 1 because there is not a lower rating offered. The place is extremely filthy everywhere - rooms, bathrooms, lobby and the area where you are to have breakfast is disgusting. I overheard the manager telling people the place is clean but it's not. I am objective of the places I visit but couldn't recommend this place to anyone unless they love sleeping in dirty conditions.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking time to bring this to our attention. We will investigate further into this matter and will contact you to offer the best possible solution. We strive hard to make sure our guests are getting the maximum value for their money. Please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you had.

You are more than welcome to contact me at our email that is super8.roseville@live.com.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2014

We stayed here last weekend for the Back to the 50s car show. This place looks decent as you pull up, but DON'T BE FOOLED!! I had already set my expectations low since this was a Super 8, but I had not set them low enough. This place is not worth your hard-earned dollar. The only nice thing about this place is the front desk folks, and that doesn't include the owners. The whole place is dark and dreary. Our room smelled funky and moist. The carpet felt wet and grimey. There were other small annoyances, like dried paint all over the light switches, sink faucet, hair dryer. The towels looked like they were purchased at the Dollar Tree. We didn't trust the bedsheets, so we slept on top of the comforter. The bed wasn't comfortable. My husband and I both woke up with sore backs. To top it all off, I came home with bed bug bites all over my legs, arms, body, neck, face. DON'T STAY HERE!! I'm not reviewing this hotel to be mean. This place needs to be torn down, rebuilt, and then ran by different people. I could've been a little forgiving if the Wi-fi would've worked, but nope, couldn't even get that. Worst hotel experience EVER. Should've just slept in the car.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Tell your friends, too.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
super8roseville7, General Manager at Super 8 Roseville MN, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Hello Pa V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel. I would like to apologize for the experience you had during your recent stay with us. We are extremely proactive when it comes to pest control and we have several preventative room inspections per month. Unfortunately, We have not had any similar complaints. bed bugs are every hotel's nightmare and there has been an increase in sightings all over States! We are taking every precaution to stop this influx and your comments are very helpful.
All of our employees work very hard to ensure that our guests are happy and I sincerely apologize for any

Khan

Been to Super 8 Roseville MN? Share your experiences!