“Will pay more for my next stay” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Minneapolis North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2300 Cleveland Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
Wisconsin
“Will pay more for my next stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2009

#1. The door to our room had a 1/4" to 1/2" gap. Wouldn't want to stay in a snow storm you'd wake up in a snow drift in bed with you. Or the little critters of the night coming in under the door.

#2. Floor didn't look like it had been vac in years.

#3. Why can't all rooms have refrigerators?

#4. Only one location to get ice (cause don't have a frig).

#5. 2 cops visits with in 15 minutes of each other. (And not the same cop)

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2008

I have been visiting Minneapolis several times a year since 2005, and have stayed at the Motel 6 Roseville almost 10 times. I'm a 26 year old woman and generally travel from Omaha to Minneapolis alone to visit friends.

This is obviously not a luxury hotel and it definitely has its issues, but I keep coming back because despite all that, it's actually a nice little motel.

Let's start with the bad:

1.) The front desk staff is in a permanently bad mood. I've checked in at all different times of day, on different days of the week, in Fall, Winter, Spring, and Summer, and I've never met a cheery check-in person at this property.

2.) There seem to be a few people who stay at this hotel for weeks at a time, and the staff doesn't appear to be very happy about that and acts very unprofessional toward them. Perhaps the guests have done something to deserve this treatment, I have no idea.

3.) There are no clocks of any kind in the rooms! I always bring an old one from home instead of relying solely on my cell phone for a clock/alarm. They also provide no shampoo or lotion. However, there are disposable cups, soap, free HBO.

4.) Invariably the hotel will be visited by police at least once during my stay. Though I'm a young woman traveling alone, I've never myself run into people who seem unsafe at this property. There are absolutely some colorful characters, but I've never felt threatened by them. I do wonder what *exactly* is going on behind some of those doors. I mean, I have a few ideas... ;)

5.) The motel was VERY hard to find the first time I visited. Both my GPS and Mapquest put me on the wrong side of the highway. This hotel is NOT on Cleveland Ave. It's off the Highway 36 Fairview Ave. exit on Frontage Road next to a car dealership. Maybe Mercedes or BMW...can't remember. You can see the Motel 6 sign from the highway.

6.) No continental breakfast, just burnt coffee at the front desk.

Now, onto the good:

1.) The price is absolutely unbeatable in the Twin Cities area and surrounding towns. Believe me...I've done my research. It's even cheaper than other Motel 6 properties in the area.

2.) My room has always been spotless and clean. There are lots of housekeepers and they're all very friendly...much moreso than the front desk staff!

3.) The showers are weird round pods, but the shower head and water pressure are lovely. I love taking showers here.

4.) The small outdoor pool is well-maintained and it's always empty! Chances are, if you want to swim, you'll have the whole thing to yourself.

5.) The hotel is in a great location if you have places to be both in St. Paul and Minneapolis. Roseville is a suburb right in between the two.

6.) I generally request a room with a micro/fridge and bring soups and etc. from home, but there is superb cuisine, both local and chain, within walking distance. My favorite is Earth House where they serve local and organic food, tons of vegetarian options, fresh bread and hummus on every table, etc. Yum! Besides all the restaurants, there's also 3 coffee houses all less than 2 minutes away. And if you like to shop, the massive Rosedale Mall is just down the street, there's a non-grungy liquor store, a "Love from Minneapolis" souvenir shop, a grocery store, Walgreens, fast food, and just about everything else.

Like I said, this is NOT in any way a luxury hotel. What it is, however, is a well-maintained budget motel with a good location, clean rooms, and colorful clientele. If you're broke and feeling adventurous, Motel 6 in Roseville is for you. :)

• Liked — Unbeatable price, very clean rooms, good location
  • Disliked — Unfriendly front desk staff, lack of amenities
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Minneapolis North? Share your experiences!