“Not a good place” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
Iron, Minnesota
“Not a good place”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We booked this place to stay basically because it was last minute and it was cheap. Pretty much the only good things about this place was that the shower was comfortable (though I was afraid to shower without flip flops) and the beds were warm and comfortable. The room had NOTHING what so ever for convenience - no sort of refrigeration, no coffee pot, not even a box of tissues or a pen. Not only that but the cops were there multiple times per day for various reasons (there had to have been a fight since there was fresh blood in front of the office). We were originally booked for 2 nights but stayed only for one after a relative looked up the reviews and showed us - I had my 7 week old baby there and did not want her being in an environment like that. I definitely would not recommend this motel for anyone what so ever. PLEASE take your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Don't book here.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Edmond, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

We booked this motel as we had stayed here in the past and it was decent...not true anymore. The room was so nasty & smelled so bad that I drove to Walmart & bought the supplies to clean and freshen it myself but it didn't help. The beds sag and are uncomfortable, the carpets felt slimy and we refused to walk around barefoot. The curtains were ripped and tattered. There seems to be a lot of families living on the property with very large dogs and no supervision of their children. The front desk staff were very nice but not worth the accommodations, We will definitely book elsewhere for our next trip to Minneapolis.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Biwabik, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

I booked this for my husband, quick stop on a business trip. He felt like he should sleep in his clothes. Dirty and run down. Guess that's what you get for $59. Room was marginally clean, sheets and room furnishings old and tattered. Everything needs updating, marginal service.

• Stayed June 2014
Saint Paul, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

The room was ok - no better than that. There was a smoke stain/burn on the carpet. The room was very small. There are plenty of restaurants (dining and fast food) nearby, as well as the mall. Very accessible to the highway. Unfortunately, while I was trying to get to bed near midnight/1am, I could hear "neighbors" talking - or at least that's what my boyfriend was trying to convince me of. Being a paranoid person that I am, I'll never go back unless I have to.

Room Tip: This was a last minute option - plus close to home. If you're looking for a weekend getaway, thi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Juneau, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Well this place is really cheap I'll give it that. If that is your only concern then this is your place. It is otherwise quite grimy and has not been updated since the 1990s. Quite depressing actually.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LaSalle, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

O.k. I really wish I had seen these reviews when I was searching for a hotel for my family to stay. My husband arrived and found the front desk locked up. This was around 9 pm. He was ready to leave, but we figured we had already paid for the room, so what do you do? We called the 800 number and they couldn't get a hold of anyone. Apparently there was only 1 person working there and he was closing up the pool for the night. Then they get a smoking room when we had requested non-smoking....were told that was all the rooms they had left. Poor water pressure...hard water...no coffee.... NEVER STAYING HERE AGAIN even if it's close to the State Fairgrounds!

Room Tip: Drive to another location!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was the only time I've been told by a police officer patrolling the grounds that it wasn't safe to stay at this property. And really - there wasn't even carpeting on the floor! I would avoid this place at all costs.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Motel 6 Minneapolis North? Share your experiences!