“You get what you pay for” 2 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Minneapolis North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2300 Cleveland Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“You get what you pay for”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

The room was ok - no better than that. There was a smoke stain/burn on the carpet. The room was very small. There are plenty of restaurants (dining and fast food) nearby, as well as the mall. Very accessible to the highway. Unfortunately, while I was trying to get to bed near midnight/1am, I could hear "neighbors" talking - or at least that's what my boyfriend was trying to convince me of. Being a paranoid person that I am, I'll never go back unless I have to.

Room Tip: This was a last minute option - plus close to home. If you're looking for a weekend getaway, thi...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Juneau, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Well this place is really cheap I'll give it that. If that is your only concern then this is your place. It is otherwise quite grimy and has not been updated since the 1990s. Quite depressing actually.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
LaSalle, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

O.k. I really wish I had seen these reviews when I was searching for a hotel for my family to stay. My husband arrived and found the front desk locked up. This was around 9 pm. He was ready to leave, but we figured we had already paid for the room, so what do you do? We called the 800 number and they couldn't get a hold of anyone. Apparently there was only 1 person working there and he was closing up the pool for the night. Then they get a smoking room when we had requested non-smoking....were told that was all the rooms they had left. Poor water pressure...hard water...no coffee.... NEVER STAYING HERE AGAIN even if it's close to the State Fairgrounds!

Room Tip: Drive to another location!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was the only time I've been told by a police officer patrolling the grounds that it wasn't safe to stay at this property. And really - there wasn't even carpeting on the floor! I would avoid this place at all costs.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bucheon, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed in many Motel 6's over the years. I was truly frightened by the reviews posted on Tripadvisor about this Motel 6, but I needed a place to stay and I'm no Daddy Warbucks. So I went for it. Not a bad stay. This Motel 6 is a little out-of-the-way, about 20 minutes from anything cool in Minneapolis or Saint Paul. I stayed in room 339, non-smoking. No problems. Clean bathroom, no hairs, no smell in the room. Sheets were old (cigarette burns) but clean. I spent one night in room 314 (I think) on my first night because one of the room attendants didn't show, so they were short-handed. Got a discount, but the room was a smoking one, so yeah. All the staff were kind to me. Ask for something on the top floor - usually people with cats/extended stays don't want to trudge up the steps.

Room Tip: Room 339 is a good, clean, not smelly non-smoking room. Excellent sunset view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Cass Lake, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

we have stayed in this hotel in the past, wasn't that bad...you get what you pay for. However, our last stay on 7/20/13 was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had! The room was located on the bottom floor and reeked of cat urine/cat spray throughout the entire room including the bathroom & shower. The floors were dirty as if they weren't vacuumed in weeks. The towels were stained and the bathroom was unclean with hair stuck in the shower drain and shower curtain...had to shower with sandals on. YUCK.

Room Tip: Since it is pet friendly, ask to see the room before you check in to verify cleanliness.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Minneapolis North, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear ilovetuscany13 - We sincerely apologize for the odor and cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay. These conditions are certainly not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Room was clean and hotel staff was friendly. Price is right as well. No complaints there. I still can't figure out why Motel 6's can't supply you with a simple thing like shampoo. This " corporate run" motel is still charging for Wifi as well when most other motel 6's aren't. As I mentioned the price is low but how much does a tiny tube of shampoo cost?????

Requested towels from the maid instead of room service and never got them. I'd stay there again if not for there charging a fee for internet with other similar rated motels do not.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Minneapolis North? Share your experiences!