“Police told us not to stay” 1 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Minneapolis North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2300 Cleveland Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
Minneapolis
“Police told us not to stay”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

It was the only time I've been told by a police officer patrolling the grounds that it wasn't safe to stay at this property. And really - there wasn't even carpeting on the floor! I would avoid this place at all costs.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bucheon, South Korea
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed in many Motel 6's over the years. I was truly frightened by the reviews posted on Tripadvisor about this Motel 6, but I needed a place to stay and I'm no Daddy Warbucks. So I went for it. Not a bad stay. This Motel 6 is a little out-of-the-way, about 20 minutes from anything cool in Minneapolis or Saint Paul. I stayed in room 339, non-smoking. No problems. Clean bathroom, no hairs, no smell in the room. Sheets were old (cigarette burns) but clean. I spent one night in room 314 (I think) on my first night because one of the room attendants didn't show, so they were short-handed. Got a discount, but the room was a smoking one, so yeah. All the staff were kind to me. Ask for something on the top floor - usually people with cats/extended stays don't want to trudge up the steps.

Room Tip: Room 339 is a good, clean, not smelly non-smoking room. Excellent sunset view.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Cass Lake, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

we have stayed in this hotel in the past, wasn't that bad...you get what you pay for. However, our last stay on 7/20/13 was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had! The room was located on the bottom floor and reeked of cat urine/cat spray throughout the entire room including the bathroom & shower. The floors were dirty as if they weren't vacuumed in weeks. The towels were stained and the bathroom was unclean with hair stuck in the shower drain and shower curtain...had to shower with sandals on. YUCK.

Room Tip: Since it is pet friendly, ask to see the room before you check in to verify cleanliness.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Minneapolis North, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear ilovetuscany13 - We sincerely apologize for the odor and cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay. These conditions are certainly not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Room was clean and hotel staff was friendly. Price is right as well. No complaints there. I still can't figure out why Motel 6's can't supply you with a simple thing like shampoo. This " corporate run" motel is still charging for Wifi as well when most other motel 6's aren't. As I mentioned the price is low but how much does a tiny tube of shampoo cost?????

Requested towels from the maid instead of room service and never got them. I'd stay there again if not for there charging a fee for internet with other similar rated motels do not.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a prostitute high on heroin try to come in our room with us and our 2 children while her gimp pimp stood by. The walls were filthy. Boogers wiped on everything. No hot water. (Luke warm) we had to keep our 1 year old in a pack n play the entire time because i was scared she was going to contract hepatitis from the filthy floor. If u dont mind the possibility of a bullet coming. through the wall at any moment hen stay. here. Or if u have little to zero interest. in your and your familys safety stay here. Oherwise you would be safer under a bridge.

• Stayed June 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Besides the Motel 6 in KC, MO. This is another horrible Motel 6. The lady at the front desk was pretty much a fool. She sent me to two different motel rooms. Three times I ended up going back to the front desk. The first time was when the key didn't work. Then she sends me to another room. I open the door and the bed is turned over! Then I went back and explained that to her. She gave me another room. Which the key didn't work. So yeah three damn times I went to the office because the idiot lady at the front desk. Other than that the room was fine and the bathroom too. All I wanted was room to sleep and shower for a couple of days before I moved into my new place. Anyway I won't ever stay here again!

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you enjoy meth/crack pipes in the parking lot, pubic hairs in the sheets, gang bangers in the halls, police raiding rooms at night for criminals with outstanding warrants, the smell of cigarettes, a front desk clerk hiding behind bullet proof glass and burned mattresses, then this is the place for you. For the rest of us...keep driving and pay the extra $10 - $20 for safe and clean place to rest your head.

Room Tip: Don't stay here- you will not find a good room in this hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Motel 6 Minneapolis North? Share your experiences!