“AWFUL!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
Cass Lake, Minnesota
“AWFUL!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

we have stayed in this hotel in the past, wasn't that bad...you get what you pay for. However, our last stay on 7/20/13 was one of the worst hotel experiences I have ever had! The room was located on the bottom floor and reeked of cat urine/cat spray throughout the entire room including the bathroom & shower. The floors were dirty as if they weren't vacuumed in weeks. The towels were stained and the bathroom was unclean with hair stuck in the shower drain and shower curtain...had to shower with sandals on. YUCK.

Room Tip: Since it is pet friendly, ask to see the room before you check in to verify cleanliness.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Minneapolis North, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Dear ilovetuscany13 - We sincerely apologize for the odor and cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay. These conditions are certainly not consistent with our standards for quality at Motel 6. Please contact our guest relations department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide you with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Room was clean and hotel staff was friendly. Price is right as well. No complaints there. I still can't figure out why Motel 6's can't supply you with a simple thing like shampoo. This " corporate run" motel is still charging for Wifi as well when most other motel 6's aren't. As I mentioned the price is low but how much does a tiny tube of shampoo cost?????

Requested towels from the maid instead of room service and never got them. I'd stay there again if not for there charging a fee for internet with other similar rated motels do not.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a prostitute high on heroin try to come in our room with us and our 2 children while her gimp pimp stood by. The walls were filthy. Boogers wiped on everything. No hot water. (Luke warm) we had to keep our 1 year old in a pack n play the entire time because i was scared she was going to contract hepatitis from the filthy floor. If u dont mind the possibility of a bullet coming. through the wall at any moment hen stay. here. Or if u have little to zero interest. in your and your familys safety stay here. Oherwise you would be safer under a bridge.

• Stayed June 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Besides the Motel 6 in KC, MO. This is another horrible Motel 6. The lady at the front desk was pretty much a fool. She sent me to two different motel rooms. Three times I ended up going back to the front desk. The first time was when the key didn't work. Then she sends me to another room. I open the door and the bed is turned over! Then I went back and explained that to her. She gave me another room. Which the key didn't work. So yeah three damn times I went to the office because the idiot lady at the front desk. Other than that the room was fine and the bathroom too. All I wanted was room to sleep and shower for a couple of days before I moved into my new place. Anyway I won't ever stay here again!

Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you enjoy meth/crack pipes in the parking lot, pubic hairs in the sheets, gang bangers in the halls, police raiding rooms at night for criminals with outstanding warrants, the smell of cigarettes, a front desk clerk hiding behind bullet proof glass and burned mattresses, then this is the place for you. For the rest of us...keep driving and pay the extra $10 - $20 for safe and clean place to rest your head.

Room Tip: Don't stay here- you will not find a good room in this hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Wausau, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Close to the fairgrounds! Cheapest place we found in the area. It's a place to sleep and shower (but bring your own shampoo!). Very basic. See photos. Reasonably clean (the floors could have been vacuumed and some grime was noted in bathroom corner), Sheets were clean, towels smelled bleachy. Beds were comfy enough. Our room, a nonsmoking room, smelled like old cigarette smoke had permeated the carpet. Perhaps someone snuck a cigarette in the room or it seeped in from another room. There were a few weirdos zipping around on the property but I never felt scared or threatened. Wasn't noisy during the night either. Truthfully, if you are paying 68.99 don't expect a 5 star experience.

• Stayed August 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

While my boyfriend and I were sleeping someone used a key card and came into our room, stealing my purse! I woke at 3 a.m. with the door left wide open. When we called the front desk the clerk told me I wasn't a registered guest and there was nothing he could do (the room was in my friend's name). He offered only to change our key card! Really, a bit late for that! I had to ask for the phone number for police non-emergency. By the time I called my credit card companies they had already used my cards. The next day I called back to speak to the manager and she was less than helpful or sympathetic. She NEVER even apologized. I stated to her that I was aware they weren't responsible for stolen property but that the bigger issue was that clearly an employee was involved in this since they had a card. She didn't even respond! The police told me that there is a lot of drug activity in this hotel! It was a horrible night that cost me about $300 (I only had $40 in cash) and my sense of security. Run, don't walk away from this place!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Motel 6 Minneapolis North? Share your experiences!