“Good for the price but they miss the boat on amenities.” 3 of 5 stars

Motel 6 Minneapolis North
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2300 Cleveland Ave N, Roseville, MN 55113   |
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Roseville
London
“Good for the price but they miss the boat on amenities.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Room was clean and hotel staff was friendly. Price is right as well. No complaints there. I still can't figure out why Motel 6's can't supply you with a simple thing like shampoo. This " corporate run" motel is still charging for Wifi as well when most other motel 6's aren't. As I mentioned the price is low but how much does a tiny tube of shampoo cost?????

Requested towels from the maid instead of room service and never got them. I'd stay there again if not for there charging a fee for internet with other similar rated motels do not.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

We had a prostitute high on heroin try to come in our room with us and our 2 children while her gimp pimp stood by. The walls were filthy. Boogers wiped on everything. No hot water. (Luke warm) we had to keep our 1 year old in a pack n play the entire time because i was scared she was going to contract hepatitis from the filthy floor. If u dont mind the possibility of a bullet coming. through the wall at any moment hen stay. here. Or if u have little to zero interest. in your and your familys safety stay here. Oherwise you would be safer under a bridge.

• Stayed June 2013
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

If you enjoy meth/crack pipes in the parking lot, pubic hairs in the sheets, gang bangers in the halls, police raiding rooms at night for criminals with outstanding warrants, the smell of cigarettes, a front desk clerk hiding behind bullet proof glass and burned mattresses, then this is the place for you. For the rest of us...keep driving and pay the extra $10 - $20 for safe and clean place to rest your head.

Room Tip: Don't stay here- you will not find a good room in this hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Wausau, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Close to the fairgrounds! Cheapest place we found in the area. It's a place to sleep and shower (but bring your own shampoo!). Very basic. See photos. Reasonably clean (the floors could have been vacuumed and some grime was noted in bathroom corner), Sheets were clean, towels smelled bleachy. Beds were comfy enough. Our room, a nonsmoking room, smelled like old cigarette smoke had permeated the carpet. Perhaps someone snuck a cigarette in the room or it seeped in from another room. There were a few weirdos zipping around on the property but I never felt scared or threatened. Wasn't noisy during the night either. Truthfully, if you are paying 68.99 don't expect a 5 star experience.

• Stayed August 2012
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

While my boyfriend and I were sleeping someone used a key card and came into our room, stealing my purse! I woke at 3 a.m. with the door left wide open. When we called the front desk the clerk told me I wasn't a registered guest and there was nothing he could do (the room was in my friend's name). He offered only to change our key card! Really, a bit late for that! I had to ask for the phone number for police non-emergency. By the time I called my credit card companies they had already used my cards. The next day I called back to speak to the manager and she was less than helpful or sympathetic. She NEVER even apologized. I stated to her that I was aware they weren't responsible for stolen property but that the bigger issue was that clearly an employee was involved in this since they had a card. She didn't even respond! The police told me that there is a lot of drug activity in this hotel! It was a horrible night that cost me about $300 (I only had $40 in cash) and my sense of security. Run, don't walk away from this place!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Harleysville, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

This was by far the worst place I've ever stayed: occupants approached me for money, rooms were sparse-no microwave or fridge, floors were filthy, and my van window was smashed in an attempted robbery right outside the lobby door. The woman behind the desk said, "well, this motel attracts a certain type of people. What did you expect?" Police where at the motel for one reason or another on each of the three nights of my stay. Keep driving, whether they leave the lights on or not!

Room Tip: Go to Holiday Inn Express
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
milwaukee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2011

The rooms at motel 6 in Roseville are spartan but adequate - a bed a bathroom and a tv. It was clean and everything worked. Since that is all I need I was satisfied with the room. BUT, this place is a zoo!! It is cheap and seems to attract a crowd who want to behave in ways they would not do at home. I stayed 2 nights. The first there was a guy banging on the door several rooms down VERY loudly and for a VERY long time. He was yelling too - apparently he thought his wife was in the room. The second night, there was a guy puking loudly and at great length outside my door. On both nights there was running and holloring all night. I was apparently the only one who was there to sleep. Did I mention that this was a weds and thurs night? God knows what this place is like on the weekend! Oh, and they charge extra for internet - which didn't work all the time. I will not stay there again. I'll pay a little extra and stay at a better place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

Been to Motel 6 Minneapolis North? Share your experiences!