“Wish the food matched the attractiveness of the restaurant.” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Roseau
Cuisines: American
Roseau, Minnesota
“Wish the food matched the attractiveness of the restaurant.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Stopped in for lunch on a Tuesday and it wasn't very busy. It took 35 minutes to get our food and the burrito I ordered was plopped on the plate with no garnish or sprig of green. Just sitting there in the middle of the plate all alone. I had to ask for salsa and sour cream, which was not offered. The pork was chewy and didn't really even taste like pork. The turtle cheescake we ordered to go was good. The restaurant was decorated nicely, but because of the food, I will not be going back any time soon.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

“Ok..”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stopped in with a group of family members on a Friday night. They weren't very busy so we thought we'd get our food fairly fast. It took about 45 minutes and even then, only half of us got our food. Something happened so only part of our order was placed. When they sent out the rest of the food, the sides were all wrong and had to be redone. Our waitress was very friendly but when we had questions about the menu or drinks, she had to go ask. She didn't seem too familiar with it. Besides all of that stuff, the food was so good! I would definitely go back.

nebraska/cabo rojo
“Nice dining facility but food could be better.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Some friends and I have cabins in Angle Inlet, Minnesota. It is about a 75 minutes drive to reach either Roseau or Warroad and we like to have lunch when we make such a trip whether it be for groceries or doctors. We have preferred Brickhouse as it is attractive, convenient, and has a menu with some variety. Our last visit was a bit of a disappointment. My fishing buddy and I ordered the Reuben sandwich. We had the sandwich on earlier visits and it was excellent. This time the meat was some sort of grey ground stuff - not at all what we had before and it was tasteless. His wife had the daily special (chicken and bacon on sour dough) and she liked it. My buddy also had a salad instead of the fries and it was excellent. We will go back but we will vary our choices and ask some questions next time.

• Visited June 2013