“I will also never return to this restaurant!” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 32 Restaurants in Rogers
Cuisines: Mexican
Champlin, Minnesota
“I will also never return to this restaurant!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We have eaten here in the past and have always been very happy with the food, the service and the atmosphere. Unfortunately, something has changed in the past several months. We arrived at dinner time and were seated right away. Our waitress came fairly quickly but seemed in a real hurry to take our orders, so we started with marguerites, which were average in taste and quite expensive. We were served chips and salsa - the salsa was tasteless and watered down. The dinner combinations seemed very expensive so we decided to share a plate of Nachos with chicken. The waitress finally came back and again seemed like she was rushed to get our order. The food came quickly - a bunch of chips on a plate with a glob of refried beans, a few tomatoes, some chunked up chicken and about a half-pound of cheese. Between the two of us we couldn't finish... way too much cheese and not enough of the other things.

Then the waitress came with our bill - which was wrong. The menu clearly stated $8.95 for the Nachos WITH meat - she charged us $1 extra for the meat. The person at the cash register couldn't fix it. The waitress couldn't fix it. The manager didn't seem to care. The waitress was going to give me $1 back - which didn't include the tax I paid on that dollar. I realize it's pennies we're talking about - but it's the fact that no one seemed to care that she made such a stupid mistake. I later called the manager - and she didn't really care either.

So - Guadalajara's is off my list of favorite places to eat. Too bad - they were once really high up on that list!

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Coon Rapids, Minnesota
“Barely average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Went here on a weekday afternoon, around 6:00pm with high expectations from the overall rating on Tripadvisor. I was VERY DISAPPOINTED! Here's the breakdown:

PROS:
- Salsa was wonderful - nice kick and tasted fresh, a little on the runny side for my taste
- Guacamole was also very good and tasted homemade and fresh

CONS: (everything else)
- Service was terrible even though the place was DEAD! Took about 15 minutes to have my order taken and another 10 minutes to get my check afterward - all the staff seemed bored with their job and offered no helpful advice on the menu
- The "fiesta platter" was anything but a party, food was dry and flavorless. The best part of it was the cheese quesadilla, but this was VERY greasy and average at best
- Prices were quite high, especially for the quality of the food
- Atomosphere was dull and tempurature was quite warm, with no air flow at all, very stuffy

Needless to say, I will not be returning...

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
minneapolis
“Good mole!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were in Monticello for an event and were heading home and noted the restaurant signs along I-94, so we thought we'd try it. Glad we did. It was pretty darn good. The atmosphere was O.K.- generally large and open with what looked like a semi-private party area to the rear. The bar area looked kind of festive. Service was attentive, and we got our meals quickly. The margaritas were good and the food was hot and tasty. My husband had fajitas, our son a combo meal, and I had the mole enchiladas, which I enjoyed. We'd return if we were in the area. There's not much else in Rogers, as far as I can tell.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
“Never going back ever.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

So, I've been to this restaurant about 12 to 20 times in an 8 year span. Save this last time, it seems the last few times were not quite as good as normal, but still good enough. This last time I went it was so bad, I vowed to never return.

I came in, my heart set on a bean tostada. I ordered one. The plate was delivered to my table and all i could see was an oval plate covered in shredded lettuce. Under all that lettuce was a tostada with a small smear of beans, runny beans. I pushed aside the extra lettuce and tried to pick up my tostada, but it just warped and nearly ripped because it was so soggy in the middle. So i started to break it apart with my fork and eat it. Already not happy with the mess, I soon realized that there were beans below the tostada too, odd. And then, for taste, it was just blah. I decided no way was i going to eat this. So I flagged down a waitress (not mine, because my waiter was no where this whole time). I let her know I needed a manager and I saw her go tell him right away. He turned to see me, and then went back to his table, and ignored me. Giving him some time (3-5 minutes) I tried to wait patient. Still he did not come. Finally, she saw me and checked to see if he had come over (and no he had not), so she went to get him again. (and still no sign of my water) So he finally comes and was not to interested in the ordeal, and even tried to tell me that tostadas are meant to be soggy and eaten with a fork, with beans smeared on both sides. I started to argue and then gave up and just said i'm not eating this nor paying for it. He agreed to take it off the bill. Then he left. I assumed, and waited, for him to return. 5 minutes later I'm still waiting. So I got up and walked out. This was by far the worst food I have had. I have never refused food, nor walked out of a place. And now, I'm never going back.

• Visited March 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Pretty good Mexican... needs more spice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The food and value here are great! The food is authentic and full of flavor.... needs to be more spicy though.... but I guess they are located in Rogers, MN ;)

Highly recommend the chimichangas! Very filling! Lots of sauce and cheese!

Margaritas are darn good as well! Strong and a good value! :)

Visited January 2013