“Good clean value hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 53 hotels in Rochester
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Good clean value hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel while visiting my sister in the hospital. The satff was very friendly and professional. The hotel was clean. The room was a little bit small, but what do you expect for the low price? The bed was OK; I don't really sleep well in any hotel. The breakfast was waffles; there were not many other choices. Overall, we were very pleased with the value we received.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Michael J, Owner at Econo Lodge South, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for the nice comments. Just a note to future guests. We have 17 rooms that have 1 queen bed in them. They are 25% smaller than a standard room. Please note when booking the most inexpensive room we have that they are smaller than a normal room. You should see in the description "small room". Thank you for staying with us and your nice comments, Mike Jacobson Owner/Gm

96 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I booked here because of the other reviews that I saw, but was still hesitant. I mean, it's an Econo Lodge, how nice could it be, right?! Well any place where the bedspread looks nice enough that you forget to be wary to sit on it and the carpet looks like something you'd want in your own home, that's a winner in my book. The bathroom smelled faintly like bleach, also another big plus. And someone had formed the cutest little elephant out of the bathroom hand towels and wash cloths!
The staff was very friendly. The shuttle to Mayo was timely and the drivers were fantastic. Great place, I'll plan to stay here on future visits.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I give this 5 stars based on value. The room was very clean, the staff was very friendly and helpful and the rate was excellent. The staff bent over backward to help. The janitor even came over and opened the door for me when he saw I was coming in with several bags. Our room which had two queens, was larger than most comparable rooms which was great for our family of 5. We even set up a cot for my son and were able to leave it up throughout the stay without it being in the way.

My only quibbles are that the vanity was small which made it difficult for the 5 of us to get ready in the morning. We also had trouble regulating the heat. I'm convinced the thermostat have any affect on the temperature. As a result it was warmer than we like but we just opened the window to let the cool December air cool us off.

If you're looking for a very clean, comfortable room for a low rate, this is it.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

This hotel received the 2012 Rochester Lodging award for first place. It was finalist in 2011 and 2010. I know why..............it is a great place for the price!! We stayed four nights during Mayo appointments.

The outside looks similar to other hotels in the area, i.e. old 1970 type buildings. Walk through the door and it is fresh, clean, and at Christmas absolutely beautiful. The walls appear newly painted, the carpet is extremely clean, and the furniture in our room was basic "hotel" design, but very new and clean. The beds are double, not queen, but a wonderful pillow top allows you peaceful sleep. Some people may not like the cushion of the mattress, but I did.

Econo Lodge has added small touches of "fancy" which are very nice. When we walked into the bathroom we were greeted by a towel elephant. Just like a Carnival Cruise!! There were ample towels for two people and the bathroom was meticulously clean. I checked the corners of the bathroom behind the toilet just to emphasize my statement that this is a very clean place.

Upon entering the room (#218) there is a sink just inside the door to the left with a small closet area across from the sink. The bathroom is to the left also. It is a usual 1970s size with a shower/tub combination and a toilet. There are two towel racks in the bathroom, a hook for hanging things, and a small shelf.

Walking further into the room there is a long four drawer chest with a large mirror mounted above it and a light on the wall, perfect for luggage. Just beyond the chest is the flat screen TV mounted on the wall, a fridge/freezer and microwave. There is additional space of about six feet before the outside wall. Along the back of the room is the window and a table with two chairs and a floor lamp. The beds and nightstand table are opposite the chest and fridge.

What did I find here that no other hotel, even a Hilton brand or Marriott have? A five outlet electrical strip connected to the nightstand!!! When travelling these days we have so many electronic items which need charging I usually have things plugged in all over the room! Not so here. We were able to plug in cell phones, laptops, which kept these items handy for use while sitting in bed. There are other outlets in the room too, but I found this to be a handy fantastic thing.

We had a AAA rate of $62 for this room and it was a bargain!! I have stayed in other hotels in Rochester and this is by far the best so far for the price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
mpls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

very nice hotel, somewhat small, but very comfortable, clean, the stadd was very good. The breakfast was very good for what it was. location is easy to find and get around.Having never stayed at an Econo Lodege this was a pleasant surprise. The price was very much in line with the area's hotels. All the ratings that put this as a top line hotle in Rochester are correct

Room Tip: second floor is very quiet
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

My friend and I met in Rochester over the weekend. We wanted a decent place to stay with out going broke over a hotel room. This place was a real treat.

Extremely nice staff, clean hallways, room and bathroom. My friend even made a comment about wondering how often they wash their shower curtains becuase it looked brand new.

The breakfast was just what we needed for two ladies. It had make you own waffles, donuts, english muffin, dry crereal, oatmeal, hard cooked eggs, coffee and juice.

The staff was always friendly and offering help with directions. They were always working on something.. I think they have just been finishing an outdoor seating area.

You can tell the owners really care about this property. I would definately return and tell friends to stay here also.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Berryville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The room was sparking clean, with nice furniture, fridge, micro. It was quiet, really quiet. The bed was soo comfortable. The staff helped me out of several problems i'd created for my self. The new fridge didn't work well and they replaced it immediately and gave me credit to eat at neighboring restaurant for the food i'd lost. It's so good to know that anytime i have to return, which i do, i am set up in the best place for best price, with best staff! No more searching and wondering.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Econo Lodge South? Share your experiences!