“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Rochester
Onawa, Ia
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We had an appointment in Rochester, Mn at the Mayo Clinic. We have visited Mayo many times but have never stayed at the Econo Lodge but thought we would try it on this visit. We were not disappointed. It has such a friendly staff that help make your stay great. The rooms are on the small side but very clean and nice. The continental breakfast had very good choices to pick from. They have a shuttle that runs to the clinics and hospital. We will definitely stay there again if we have to visit Rochester. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Maryville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My daughter and I traveled to the Mayo Clinic during the last week of August, 2012. Our stay at the Econo Lodge South was very nice; the rates were excellent for the accommodations we received. Each morning began with a breakfast that offered a wide variety of choices followed by a ride on the free, hourly shuttle bus service to and from the clinic. The staff was very accommodating and friendly. You couldn't have asked for more. Our beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. It was in a safe neighborhood, and no noise was noticed from the highway out front where our room was located. A friend of ours who had stayed there twice recommended it to me, and I highly recommend this facility to you if you are in Rochester visiting Mayos. By the time you take into consideration the Mayo discount, the cost of breakfast, and the parking fees saved by using the five-minute shuttle bus ride, it was indeed an Econo Lodge.

Room Tip: There was no elevator for the second floor.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

We stayed here on August 21st. We were going to the Bob Dillon concert at the civic center.
We stay at the Choice Hotels whenever possible. This was our first Econo Lodge and we
will be back. It is an award winning hotel. We could see why. I read all the other reviews and
it is true. It is very clean, the beds are comfy, the breakfast is very good. The staff is very
friendly and make you feel welcome. It is very close to John Hardys BBQ one of our favorite
places to eat. Perkins is also very close. You can walk right over. We will be back here in
October for an appointment at the Mayo. The shuttle takes you over. I have to mention
the A/C is by far one of the best. It is quiet and you can adjust it so the fan will run constantly
and you won't hear the machine turn off and on. Which gives me a good night sleep.

Room Tip: They do not have an elevator. It is two levels. The staff is very helpful to tell you about this wh...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Peoria, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This was by far the hotel with the best value of my week long hotel-hopping business trip. I felt that the rates were excellent for the hotel quality. The hotel is very close to many restaurants and some shopping as well and it appeared to be an easy trip to downtown, although I didn't go myself. I enjoyed the discount next door at Perkins for dinner and spent a very comfortable evening in my room getting work done. The room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast exceeded my expectations. I also found the front desk staff to be very friendly and I was able to check in early, which was great. I would happily stay here if I was back in the area. One and only downer was no fitness center, but for what I paid, I didn't mind.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Winkler, Manitoba
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

This is truly a home away from home. A place where the coffee is always on, a warm welcome greets you at the front desk, and they aim to please. If you are in the depths of despair, and health issues surround you like rising flood waters, this is the place to be. There is a Bible on the Mantel, encouraging scripture on the Bulletin Board, and staff that will take the time to answer your questions and help relief your fears. They recognize any patients going back and forth to the Mayo Clinic, by reducing your rate To top it all off, you can phone your loved ones free of charge to help relief stress levels. Thank you for a great stay!

Room Tip: New Wi-Fi with excellent connection. We were there to see doctors for back surgery. Keeping in touch...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012 via mobile

This was my second time to stay here. The staff could not be nicer or more helpful. The linens are quality, beds and pillows terrific. Rooms are very clean and quiet. The mayo shuttle picks up here and brings you back. Breakfast is plentiful. Refrig and microwave in room and free wireless Internet are pluses. Discount for mayo patients. Oh yes, instant hot water and great water pressure in shower..important to many. This place is a diamond in the rough!

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
La Salle, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I was so surpirsed at this motel! For a middle class motel, with a good price. It had very clean rooms. Microwave, refrigerator, and free internet connection. I got a special discount for being there for my appt. at Mayo's. They had an above avg continental breakfast. The staff was extraordinarly friendly. I really enjoyed a relaxing stay at this motel. I highly reccomend it for a Mayo's visit or just a visit to Rochester.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo