“Good staff and nice room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Rochester
Pratt, Kansas
“Good staff and nice room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The king bed was very comfortable, the shower had good pressure, the price was great and there was a lot of room in the suite. The towels were decent, but the carpeting needs to be upgraded. It wasn't dirty to make my feet black like low end hotels, but it is cheap carpeting, and it could stand to be upgraded like a lot of the hotel looks like it has been. The iron had white things falling out of it, but the guy working at night replaced it right away. He was very friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Pulaski, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

We were here for treatments at Mayo's. Our needs were perfectly met by this clean comfortable Quality Inn with pricing that doesn't break the budget. Each room is a suite with kitchen ammenities (important for the budget!). The wonderful staff help make your visit enjoyable. The drive to Mayo's is quick and if you desire a shuttle service is provided. Continental Breakfast included!

Room Tip: No elevator but upper level are less expensive. ! block off Hwy 63 - main drag so its quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Port Isabel, TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

I have stayed here for many years while visiting Mayo Clinic. It was always a average motel for the price but the advantage of having a separate bedroom was nice. A couple of years ago it was sold and the lobby and breakfast area were updated. Supposedly the rooms were to follow. Not so in fact they have gotten worse. Stained carpet with a hole in the hallway. Old outdated furniture and TV. One washer out of order. Odor of stale cigarets in the room as it is in the carpet and upholstery from when all rooms were smoking. The staff has always been efficient but not so this year. We were told we would have to wait 1-2 hours for our room to be ready (we were early). We looked at the room and saw an extremely small TV so asked for a room with a larger one. She immediately offered us another room with a larger TV and we could move in immediately!
I have had it and we are going shopping for another motel for our future stays.

Stayed June 2012
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

This place was fairly nice. It has a nice spruced up look on the inside and the rooms also look fairly nice. There is plenty of light and everything has a nice facelift to it. The breakfast is not that wonderful as there is hardly a selection. Overall, the room was nice and had a nice fresh smell. Overall a pretty nice place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

Very clean, good size room, although the bathroom was small. There was no internet service while I was there but supposedly there was a wider outage, so probably wasn't the hotels fault (although another reviewer had the same problem so it makes me wonder if there IS something the hotel could do about it). This hotel would have been a little hard to find had I not had my GPS along--I arrived after dark and the signage didn't seem very bright. One thing that may be a concern for some is that several of the rooms have entrances from outside. Overall this was a good stay, and I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

The hotel was supposed to have a business center as well as free wifi. We called before we left to make sure of the business center because of deadlines that needed to be met. When we got there the "business center" was not working. Luckily we brought a back up computer borrowed from a friend, but on the first day the internet was not working. The breakfast was ok just eggs, waffles and biscuits etc...but you have to be there at the crack of dawn otherwise nothing is left. At checkout we spoke with the manager about our concerns and issues and he was nothing short of caring....more just laid the blame on others instead of taking responsibility for the faults.

Room Tip: If you want a personal entrance get the bottom floor or you need wheelchair access ...the 2nd floor...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Deadwood, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

After we checked in and took my mother to the amyo clinic I find out that the room was charged to my debit card not the Discover given to them at check in. There for they over drawed my account and my car insurenace rejected and sent back. When calling and talking to them I was told by Miles that first they had a new system and it takes the card that room was held with. HA Then he tells me they charged us the night be fore we checked in was the H is that. NO and I mean NO holtel I've worked for or styed in charged they're customers the night before thay check in. When I told him I wanted some compinsation for whiole ordeal I was told NO that I should never have used my debit card to hold the room if I didn't want it charged. Excuse me if you give them a card a checkin that you want to use instead of the one you held it with that is the one that should be used !!!! Are people just stupid and just say what ever to passify them to get it over with. Plus if this was going to be the rule that they charge you the night before that should have be specified by the phone when making the reservation and in the confermation e-mail. That was sent and I got NOTHING.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!