“The big "If"......” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 55 Hotels in Rochester
minneapolis MN
“The big "If"......”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

If you are traveling with a sports team, this is the place for you! (Pool is open 24 hours!) If you are not, be prepared- (and as others have forewarned)- it can be too loud to sleep. My child had to be at her event at 6am, so that meant trying to go to sleep by 10:30 pm. Noise can always be an issue, but between the soccer, wrestling and baseball teams staying here and the kids running, hollering, and knocking on doors (ours included)- it was really annoying. I even brought ear plugs since I knew that this might be an issue! Now that I know this is who they cater to, I will go back to other places I have stayed in the past.
The staff were very friendly, the rooms were clean.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2010

This hotel fulfilled all of our expectations. Our room on the 3rd floor was quiet and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast buffet was great, enjoyed the free morning newspaper, appreciated the free parking, and the convenience of using the free transportation to Mayo Clinic. The hotel staff was very friendly, answered our questions regarding the Rochester area and made you feel welcome. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Evanston, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2010

Before you arrive at this hotel, you are told it is the highest rated Rochester hotel by Trip Advisor, and yet it currently ranks only #3. That is not the only time this hotel overrates itself. The rooms are small, the walls are much too thin. The night we spent there, the hotel was hosting a group of young wrestlers, young people who had no problem running down the halls screaming whether at midnight or 6 AM. There was even a security guard roaming the halls, but nothing was done to stop the excessive noise.

The workout room was a joke. Three machines that barely fit in the room. The emergency stop key kept falling off of the treadmill, which led to my abandoing my workout early.

This Hampton has location on its side, especially for those going to Mayo Clinic. But that's all that can recommend it.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
RSTMNHX, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester, responded to this review, April 27, 2010
Dear Evanston, IL,
Thank you for staying with us during your visit to Rochester, MN. I appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel and provide specific feedback I apologize for the problems you experienced during your stay. As the general manager I work to ensure all pieces are in place to make even a busy wrestling tournament weekend quiet and enjoyable for all guests. I apologize that the security guard didn’t effectively do his job to ensure comfortable surroundings for you and your family. I also appreciate your feedback on the fitness center and I have made arrangements to have the equipment serviced so it will work properly. I can certainly understand your frustration.

I was unsuccessful finding your reservation based on your TripAdvisor profile to invoke our 100% Hampton Guarantee for your stay. We guarantee clean rooms, friendly service, and comfortable surroundings. Understandably you were not 100% satisfied and we don’t expect you to pay. Please contact me 507-287-9050 or at nelson@raymondteam.com so I can make sure you are not charged. I hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you and provide you with an experience that exceeds your expectations.

Dan Nelson
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

My partner and I stayed at the Hampton Inn during a visit to the Mayo Clinic. We used their shuttle service to the clinic and found the drivers helpful and entertaining. In fact, everyone connected to the hotel was helpful and cheerful.
The morning breakfast was bountiful and good tasting. There were fresh offerings during the entire period breakfast was served, not simply at the beginning.
We will stay there again if we return to the clinic.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2009

My wife and I stayed for 4 nights while I had tests at Mayo Clinic--the staff is so friendly and make you feel at home--so kind and compassionate to Mayo patients--Lisa the front desk lady was so nice---answered every question and so friendly--even the shuttle drivers were kind and offered help with directions and suggestions about restaurants.
I'm going back in January and will definitely stay here again. The breakfast is fresh and typical of most Hamptons--fresh fruit, a variety of rolls, eggs, omelettes, coffee, juices,biscuits w/ gravy and from 6-7 PM they serve soup and finger foods for those who had a long day at Mayo--a very good meal and its free!! Better than some 4 star motels!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Long Island, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

We chose this hotel for its location (shuttle) and its Hampton buffet breakfast, but we got a whole lot more.
Extremely helpful staff,spotless rooms and open areas, a very good gym and indoor pool and a great business center. Even though we had free wifi in our rooms I used the business center to print my messages.
I was told about the nearby bike trail (paved), so I that is were I went for a morning run. Good restaurants (Wiskey Creek and Perkins) is within easy walking distance.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
God's Country - Wisconsin!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2009

Deceiving from the outside. Rooms updated, the beds were so comfortable, awesome sheets. My husband, daughter and I stayed for a wedding. Can't say enough great things. We used 20,000 Hilton Honor points, surrounding hotel points 25,000 - 30,000 and would have had to pay for parking. Walked in, gave our name, handed us our keys! Very impressed and would stay again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Rochester? Share your experiences!